Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Streamlight TLR-7 HL-X (throw-oriented TLR-7)

I have a couple of the TLR7 lights. They are just "OK", not great.

Hopefully these new heads help with a longer throw and less spill. But my complaint is the switch. I always found the "toggle style" streamlight switch the best for me. The push forward is obviously the way of the future, but I am old and get cranky.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Anyone know if this will work and get the same output with normal 16340 batteries? I'm interested in this product, but a lot less interested if I have to buy a proprietary battery that only works in this one device.

Overall, this is a poor solution compared to just designing an 18350 light, but "good enough" for me since I already have multiple TLR7s and 8s and like the idea of a similar setup with more powuh.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Anyone know if this will work and get the same output with normal 16340 batteries? I'm interested in this product, but a lot less interested if I have to buy a proprietary battery that only works in this one device.

Overall, this is a poor solution compared to just designing an 18350 light, but "good enough" for me since I already have multiple TLR7s and 8s and like the idea of a similar setup with more powuh.
    I don't see why they wouldn't; the SL-B9 appears to be nothing more than a 16340. I would be pretty shocked if it were somehow special; my assumption on the "proprietary" claim is simply to encourage people to buy only their battery, given the huge variety of li-ion batteries, along with differentiating them from other RCR123As, such as SureFire's SFLFP123.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    “Stop the presses ?”

I’d reach out to JM - that’s the benefit of buying from a custom shop…
    I thought about it. Literally shipped today after I posted. I'm not going to bother about it just yet. If these get some good reviews, and I end up getting one (or several) I'll just have to give Tony some more business. I kinda have an idea I'd like to run by him, but I haven't hashed out exactly what that looks like yet.

I have this light coming....fingers crossed that I can just lengthen the bezel a bit on my molds to make it fit both, but I am probably not that lucky.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    I have this light coming....fingers crossed that I can just lengthen the bezel a bit on my molds to make it fit both, but I am probably not that lucky.
    I'm pulling for you.

Sorry if I missed it, but does anyone have a picture of this on a Glock 19?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Glad to see you are looking at this.

I've taken a heat gun to a holster in the past, and I might do that in a pinch, but purpose built from the start is almost always a better result. I'm hesitant to do that here, because the retention is on the light itself, and not so much the gun. Just buying a new holster is probably the safe bet.

Now, if FedEx steps on the gas, maybe I'll have that new holster by the time I need it Saturday. If not, I'll have to make due. Thanks for making great gear!

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Sorry if I missed it, but does anyone have a picture of this on a Glock 19?
    Not the best of pics, but here:

Looks like the slide of a 17/47 would ever so slightly protrude beyond the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I have a couple of the TLR7 lights. They are just "OK", not great.

Hopefully these new heads help with a longer throw and less spill. But my complaint is the switch. I always found the "toggle style" streamlight switch the best for me. The push forward is obviously the way of the future, but I am old and get cranky.
    I'm just the opposite. I like the high switch on the TLR-7A, despite having started with toggle switches. I ditched the TLR-7A, and went to a TLR-1HL, despite the toggle switch, because the 7A throw is so weak.

User Tag List