Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SP2022 .40 discontinued?

SP2022 .40 discontinued?

I'm about to enter my TDA phase and figured I'd get a .40 sp2022 because I'm 20 years behind the times. But while the .40 Sp2022 is still on the California roster, it is out of stock with no ETA at all my usual discount retailers and isn't on Sig's site anymore. Has it been discontinued or does it just disappear for a while until they get around to a new production run?

I would guess that’s it’s discontinued. Not a very popular model by today’s standards unfortunately.
    **OK**

Site Supporter
    Several available on GB.

I think SIG discontinued most if not all of their .40 offerings. I was lucky enough to find a .40 top end as an alternative for my 9 last year, that might be an option - buy a 9 and look for a second slide assembly.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Try searching 2240. That was what I remember they went by at one point

There's a few used ones on Gunbroker
    I'm a "7" compared to most gun-guys, which means I'm a "3" on P-F.

Site Supporter
    Haven't you heard? The mighty 9mm has replaced not only the old 45 ACP. It has ended the life of the 40 S&W. And let's throw in the 38 Super while we bow down at the alter of the almighty 9.

With tongue planted firmly in cheek I remain,
    Dave

I clicked on this because reading quickly, I thought it said that .40 was discontinued!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Try searching 2240. That was what I remember they went by at one point
    SP2340, which was the original in this model line (SP2009 was the 9mm variant). They're just a bit different in a few components but, still largely the same gun. Personally, I find these earlier ones to be more aesthetically pleasing, and possibly just a little bit better build quality (subjective gut feeling). Right now, there are a number of SP2340's on Gunbroker for as low as $350 used. I'd buy them all day in that price range, as they're fantastic guns.

Interesting side note for anyone with the SP2340/2009/2022. Sights for SIG's classic P-series (P220/226/228/229, etc.) fit these. Same dovetail size. This gives you a wide range of options if you so choose (Trijicon, Ameriglo, Warren, etc.).
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

If you'll settle for a 9, PSA has unissued French police pistols for $500.

User Tag List