Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG Intros 1911X Pistols

Another pic of brass marks on the front edge of the optic.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I’m really hoping more holstermakers get in board with specific fits. I took delivery of a JMCK OWB2 for a railed Springfield yesterday, I knew the 1911X wouldn’t be a drop-in fit but it’s close enough I’ll take my chances with a heat gun.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m really hoping more holstermakers get in board with specific fits. I took delivery of a JMCK OWB2 for a railed Springfield yesterday, I knew the 1911X wouldn’t be a drop-in fit but it’s close enough I’ll take my chances with a heat gun.
    I really need to order a Blackpoint. I just don't know yet if I'll keep the X300 on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I really need to order a Blackpoint. I just don't know yet if I'll keep the X300 on mine.

I’m not seeing anything like my favored OWB2 there.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m not seeing anything like my favored OWB2 there.
    No. They don't have anything exactly like the OWB2.

If and when I order from BP I'll probably get one of the OWB leather wing type.

Tenicor and now Dark Star make IWB holsters that work for both 1911s and 2011s, which seems likely to provide enough literal wiggle room for whatever dumb decision SIG made with this rail. If so it’s just a matter of convincing them to make an OWB?

I can’t believe SIG fixed their proprietary slide nonsense and then stepped into the same dumpster fire again with the rail on this gun. I still think this looks like a great option for an optic 1911 but really, who wants proprietary anything, especially for no good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    I can’t believe SIG fixed their proprietary slide nonsense and then stepped into the same dumpster fire again with the rail on this gun. I still think this looks like a great option for an optic 1911 but really, who wants proprietary anything, especially for no good reason.
    Don't mince words, Bones. What do you really think?

Site Supporter
    Hilton Yam took possession of another Sig 1911-XFULL, this one in FDE.

His first video with it shows that while the break is decent the trigger needs to be cleaned up -- most likely the S80 parts.

He seems to be enjoying his work with the Sigs, which suggests they are at least worth some time investment.

Sig's decision to make the rail dimensions incompatible with commonly available holsters was a dumb one. When Colt changed their rail dimensions for the M45 it was because that's what the Marines asked for. But what was Sig thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post

Sig's decision to make the rail dimensions incompatible with commonly available holsters was a dumb one...what was Sig thinking?
    Is there a common rail dimension across the various railed 1911s?

And then the next question is why would SIG change to anyone else's spec when the 1911-X is probably already built to the same rail specs as the Tac Ops and whatever else they make with a rail?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Is there a common rail dimension across the various railed 1911s?

And then the next question is why would SIG change to anyone else's spec when the 1911-X is probably already built to the same rail specs as the Tac Ops and whatever else they make with a rail?

Fair points.

Holster makers have tended to base their railed 1911 holsters on Springfield Armory's rail dimensions almost as a standard. Colt's original Rail Gun would fit into holsters designed for Springfield's railed pistols, but then they changed their rails to comply with the requirements given to them by the Marines and standardized all their railed models on that specification for better or worse.

I just think Sig could have used the introduction of the XFULL line to gain compatibility with available holsters. The only reason I can think of is that they still offer a California-compliant railed model, which they can't modify and still sell in CA. Looking at it that way, maybe it makes sense.

User Tag List