Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Streamlight TLR-7 HL-X (throw-oriented TLR-7)

Any word on street price?
    Participation does not equal Proficiency
    - Mike Pannone

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    This is relevant to my interests... really curious If my JMCK holsters will work with these without mods. The bezel looks slimmer than the original TLR-7... if it's truly a "drop in" upgrade and holster compatible, this will be mighty tempting.
    Prior to the part being available people were taking them off the Rail Mount HLX carbine lights.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Prior to the part being available people were taking them off the Rail Mount HLX carbine lights.
    Interesting hack.

Upon farther review this morning, watching the videos and looking at it more carefully, it's clear that my current holsters won't work with the longer bezel without some mods. I'm not really a fan of protruding muzzles/lights... and so far JMCK doesn't offer anything for this new light. I'm guessing he'll be fixing that soon, as this seems to be a worthwhile upgrade of a decent light that addresses one of the big criticisms of the TLR-7.

Sorta sucks, because I just ordered a replacement WC 2.5 ...It hasn't even shipped yet. My old one cracked across the sweat guard, and had started pinching. My fault for insisting on full guard with a dot cut... and too many reps of bending over at the waist with an empty holster.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    If it doesn't fit in the same holster as a TLR-7 this is a solid fail.
    Tenicor posted this a while ago and said their "Universal Light Fit" holsters would work with this modified/new light.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5joQnEMsam/

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6Rw3Ijv2ig/
    Last edited by ragnar_d; 05-22-2024 at 08:50 AM.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Does anyone know if these new rechargeable batteries will work in a standard TLR-7A?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Does anyone know if these new rechargeable batteries will work in a standard TLR-7A?
    I tested a 16340 in a TLR8, and it worked really well for a 2-day night class. But, after I posted about that someone here (I forget who) tried it and burned out their TLR7 head. So... not sure.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    Tenicor posted this a while ago and said their "Universal Light Fit" holsters would work with this modified/new light.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5joQnEMsam/

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6Rw3Ijv2ig/
    Sadly, Tenicor doesn't make holsters for hipster guns like the P07...
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    It might work, but almost certainly would not be rated for such use, as the SL-B9 is a li-ion battery, so it would typically be outputting at 3.7 V, much higher than the typical lithium primary cell's output of 3.0 V. I would suggest the SureFire SFLFP123 if you wanted a rechargeable for the TLR-7A, or some other LiFePO4 RCR123.

Note that the TLR-7X is the official Streamlight dual-fuel TLR-7 variant, specifically rated both for use with CR123s and the SL-B9.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Interesting hack.

Upon farther review this morning, watching the videos and looking at it more carefully, it's clear that my current holsters won't work with the longer bezel without some mods. I'm not really a fan of protruding muzzles/lights... and so far JMCK doesn't offer anything for this new light. I'm guessing he'll be fixing that soon, as this seems to be a worthwhile upgrade of a decent light that addresses one of the big criticisms of the TLR-7.

Sorta sucks, because I just ordered a replacement WC 2.5 ...It hasn't even shipped yet. My old one cracked across the sweat guard, and had started pinching. My fault for insisting on full guard with a dot cut... and too many reps of bending over at the waist with an empty holster.
    “Stop the presses ?”

I’d reach out to JM - that’s the benefit of buying from a custom shop…

User Tag List