Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vista sold the ammo business, $1.9B

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Don't forget PSA 😎
    I’m pretty sure PSA isn’t a publicly traded company.

Not to get too deep in economics, but mean reversion is a thing for efficient markets.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I’m pretty sure PSA isn’t a publicly traded company.

Not to get too deep in economics, but mean reversion is a thing for efficient markets.
    Maybe I am missing your point but neither is Hornady?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    I hate this practice. It seems every time there's a buyout, pricing goes up. Recently, Norma comes to mind with Beretta Holding acquiring them. It was good ammo at really good pricing, and now it's just good ammo at pricing I refuse to pay.
    I just picked up two cases of Norma 124 9mm at a CAL Ranch store for $220/case today - weird anomaly, of course, and you’re right about the price jump after the acquisition by Beretta. That particular chain has some unusually low prices on certain items from time to time.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Maybe I am missing your point but neither is Hornady?
    The commentary re: insanity of ammo buying can be reflected in stock prices, of which Ammo Inc is the only publicly traded company, making it easy to track the panic buying historically.

Yes, Olin is cubically traded and owns Winchester, but they are a diversified vertically integrated chemical company.

Unsolicited offer by Colt CZ.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/deal...or-2023-11-23/.

Snippets:

Czech gunmaker Colt CZ Group (CZG.PR) has made a cash-and-stock merger offer to Vista Outdoor (VSTO.N), valuing the U.S. sporting and outdoor goods group's shares at a 16% premium....

Colt CZ said it proposed keeping the company together, scrapping plans to separate Vista at this time.

"The market's view of the Czechoslovak Group transaction was clear in its reaction to the announcement, which resulted in the rapid fall in (Vista's) share price on October 16, 2023," Colt CZ said in a letter to Vista's board published on its website late on Wednesday.

"We would keep the company together, allowing continued upside for current Vista shareholders with the 'New Vista' retaining its listing in the U.S."
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Wow, I thought the CSG buyout was a done deal. Here we have another Czech getting into competition. At least this one is already in the gun business with CZ and Colt. I hope that is a good sign and not another Remington.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Wow, I thought the CSG buyout was a done deal. Here we have another Czech getting into competition. At least this one is already in the gun business with CZ and Colt. I hope that is a good sign and not another Remington.
    I’ve got some well placed inside baseball on this- suffice to say that this is actually not the first time CZ has gone after this business deal, and they are unlikely to prevail in this latest effort. The CSG deal has more than enough cash behind it to make it happen.

Site Supporter
    CZ is moving to Connecticut.

https://www.wsj.com/politics/nationa...attle-db31490d

The potential sale of an American ammunition maker to a Czech arms company is drawing scrutiny from some lawmakers, highlighting concern about foreign ownership in a key industry in the midst of global arms shortages sparked by the continuing wars in Ukraine and Gaza.

Minnesota-based Vista Outdoor announced in October that it had agreed to a $1.91 billion sale of its firearms business—which includes ammunition brands such as Remington—to the Czechoslovak Group, or CSG, based in Prague, a major supplier of munitions and military equipment to Ukraine.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

https://www.wsj.com/politics/nationa...hare_permalink

Paywall-free version of the link above.

User Tag List