Page 108 of 121 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1209

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I've got 200 rounds of S&B wadcutters, will go see what High Desert offers.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I've got 200 rounds of S&B wadcutters, will go see what High Desert offers.
    I don't believe they have a 32 load.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I don't believe they have a 32 load.
    The have brand new loads out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I personally ordered three old school HKS 6 shoot speedloaders off of Amazon a few days ago for mine.

https://www.amazon.com/HKS-M-Speedlo.../dp/B0013R867I
    Aren't those for K-frames?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    HKS 32-J Revolver Speedloader for Ruger SP101/Taurus 73, 74, 731, 741/J-Frame Size, 6-Shot Black

That's what I bought from Amazon for my 32 cal J frames.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    HKS 32-J Revolver Speedloader for Ruger SP101/Taurus 73, 74, 731, 741/J-Frame Size, 6-Shot Black

That's what I bought from Amazon for my 32 cal J frames.
    Thanks, found them. Ordered some. Not really for carry, but there’s talk of a local BUG match.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Ya know, I've always been able to curb knee jerk purchasing in every other area. This UC purchase is the closest I've come to being in a hurry. Maybe cuz as I age, my windows of opportunity are getting smaller?

I will now prove how inept I am by:

1. Replying to my own post.
    2. Once again revealing how computer illiterate I am......read on.

I picked up my 442 UC today and was super happy he gave me a $60 discount. I could prove this IF (cue the pc illiterate music) I knew how to post the picture I took of the gun and receipt.

In the meantime, I can at least share my dry firing impressions. I expected a very good trigger and was still surprised - this trigger is incredible. My M&P340 sights are no comparison to this 442 UC. Both of these improvements are much appreciated by my aging eyes and arthritic fingers. I had the thought - can you imagine how many MORE j-frames S&W would have sold over the years if they had evolved with the times?
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    I had the thought - can you imagine how many MORE j-frames S&W would have sold over the years if they had evolved with the times?
    Fair point. Probably plenty more.
    I'm not going down the debate rabbit hole regarding candidates for our next president in 2024, but I am truly and completely tired of this particular asshole.
    -1911nut

5 rounds of FGMM wadcutter, and 5 rounds of Hornady 110gr +P Critical Defense. Drive the dot hold at 10 yards.

I may explore 110gr wadcutters, using Critical Defense, or rolling my own 110gr Barnes DPX at this point. Barnes apparently isn't currently loading this bullet any more. The 148's do print a little high as has everything else I've shot so far. Certainly still useable at realistic defense distances.

Site Supporter
    I'm still trying to sort out my best sight picture with my 642 UC, bottom out the dot and drive the dot or, align the sights and run a low 6:00 hold, add old guy eyesight and progressive lens's...both work, neither is instinctive. I'm curious on any feed back with Apex kits in UC' s, I did try a Wolff 14lb rebound spring and it increased pull weight by close to a lb.

User Tag List