Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: The Patterned Compliance Pistol

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Try the Pacmayr Grip Glove. It definitely provides more to hold on to. It slightly changes the geometry of the grip that just seems to lend itself to landing that consistent, proper grip that facilitates a good natural point of aim at presentation/extension.

Attachment 113557

Tactical Grip Glove Slip-On Grip... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008CXJ46I...p_mob_ap_share
    I did sort of the same thing with some stick on foam and hockey stick tape. These two now point where my finger points. At some point I may make these permanent with JB Weld steel putty.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    The Auld Hack for Kel-Tec was to send them back under warrantee, and they would supposedly do the other 5% of the work.
    IDK if that's still true today, but it's what I head ages ago.
    I tried that but had no success.

Mention was made of firing one of these pistols 600 times. My experience convinces me that these pistols can't endure extensive shooting. I would have been pleased with 100 trouble free rounds. I would then have carried it and practiced with its clone.
    Last edited by willie; 05-23-2024 at 12:04 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I tried that but had no success.

Mention was made of firing one of these pistols 600 times. My experience convinces me that these pistols can't endure extensive shooting. I would have been pleased with 100 trouble free rounds. I would then have carried it and practiced with its clone.
    I had a P11 that ate thousands of rounds. The plastic sights were probably made from recycled milk jugs (soft and dumb plastic), trigger slap was a thing, the recoil was what you’d expect from a basic cheap 14oz full power 9mm made mostly of cheap plastics, but it always worked. My PM9 is way more comfortable to shoot, but it also weighs a bit more and has a much higher tech/better designed recoil spring assembly. And quality steel sights.

I have a P32 I bought after watching my brother shoot/carry a P32 for about 20 years. Neither is a tack driver, but they work. I probably have 250-300 rounds through mine - it isn’t really fun to shoot, so I just function check it once or twice a year now, and carry it when nothing else can be carried. My brother just carries the P32, chamber empty (( you can’t tell some people anything )).

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    ... My brother just carries the P32, chamber empty (( you can’t tell some people anything )).
    I carry my LCP II .22 LR in my rear pocket with an empty chamber because I've had two instances in which I discovered the manual safety had become disengaged, apparently from movement while sitting.

The LCP II .22 LR is single action, and because gun safety takes precedence over everything else, after the second incident, I decided, that since it's a BUG, I was going to carry it chamber empty and with the manual safety disengaged. Before carrying it in this configuration I trained to draw, quickly rack the slide, and manually verify the safety is off, before firing.

The Desantis Nemesis holster stops just short of covering the manual safety lever. If it was about 1/2-inch longer it would protect the manual safety from being disturbed. Otherwise I find it to be a good holster for my application.

I'll have to look into the Recluse holster that Craig is currently checking out to see if it'll allow me to safely carry my LCP II .22 LR in my back pocket with a round in the chamber. Gig Harbor is just down the road from me.
    Last edited by Shawn Dodson; 05-23-2024 at 10:34 AM.

User Tag List