Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455

Thread: Motorcycles

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I think there are way more wealthy car collectors than motorcycle collectors.
    Jay Leon, Tom Cruise, and Richard Hammond are the only three I can think of at the moment.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Jay Leon, Tom Cruise, and Richard Hammond are the only three I can think of at the moment.
    Add Keanu, Orlando Bloom, Ryan Reynolds, and Ewan McGregor to the list.
    The most powerful and harmful influence Trump has had on our politics…has been the effect on his opponents. They have been triggered into an orgy of self-mutilation—eager to amputate their own history and disfigure their own political traditions.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Add Keanu, Orlando Bloom, Ryan Reynolds, and Ewan McGregor to the list.
    George Barber has the largest motorcycle collection in the world, and he put most of them in a Museum on public display not far from where I live. If you’re into motorcycles and ever in the Birmingham Metro it’s worth a visit.

https://www.barbermuseum.org/the-barber-story/
    im strong, i can run faster than train

https://www.hotcars.com/famous-car-c...valuable-cars/

Ralph Lauren

Jerry Seinfeld

Nick Mason

and so on
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    George Barber has the largest motorcycle collection in the world, and he put most of them in a Museum on public display not far from where I live. If you’re into motorcycles and ever in the Birmingham Metro it’s worth a visit.

https://www.barbermuseum.org/the-barber-story/
    I went to an AMA race weekend back in the day. Nicky Hayden was racing internationally but his brothers were racing that weekend. I got a picture with Earl and bought some Hayden swag.

The museum was amazing. I recall listing 5 or 10 bikes I wanted to see and they were all in the museum. I want to go back for sure.

Jay Leno....
    Jay Leno has some great motorcycles besides his cars. Would love to find a 36 Knuckle I could afford.

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    I went to an AMA race weekend back in the day. Nicky Hayden was racing internationally but his brothers were racing that weekend. I got a picture with Earl and bought some Hayden swag.
    I dabbled in road racing for a couple years and one time was at Putnam Park when they were there before I really knew who they were.

Also, for those in this area, Mid Ohio has a Superbike weekend again after not getting a date for many years, apparently until they repaved the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Jay Leno has some great motorcycles besides his cars. Would love to find a 36 Knuckle I could afford.
    Apropos of nothing, but: I rode in my local Distinguished Gentleman’s Rider affiliate fundraiser for Movember yesterday (I was the 3rd highest fundraiser, I’m happy to say!). This ride is pretty heavy on vintage and hipster, and as a bearded revolver guy riding a Royal Enfield cafe racer wearing a leather jacket from the late 60s, I certainly fit in. That said, my RE is a modern, retro-styled throwback. The guy who had far and away the coolest ride—a 1935 Triumph, all original including paint—didn’t make it out of town before his bike broke down. Seriously.

If you don’t think you can afford the ‘36 Knucklehead, you *really* can’t afford a ‘36 Knucklehead. Just saying, and I say it as a friend.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    The most powerful and harmful influence Trump has had on our politics…has been the effect on his opponents. They have been triggered into an orgy of self-mutilation—eager to amputate their own history and disfigure their own political traditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    If you don’t think you can afford the ‘36 Knucklehead, you *really* can’t afford a ‘36 Knucklehead. Just saying, and I say it as a friend.
    I boughtm my 47 knuckle as a basket case chopper in 1979 or 80, the motor was tired, frame extensively modified...I had a guy do the lower end, I had the machine work done on the top end and put it all together, bought a used 58-64 swingarm frame and all other used parts and built a road bike out of it. I rode it cross country many times and all over Arizona with very little issues, and never being stuck anywhere. I paid I believe $1200 for the 47 Knuckle basket case and had perhaps $2500 or so total in the finished road bike. Today a Knuckle motor and title, not even running will bring $20k or more.

Im moving forward to Pans and Shovels. Hoping to build an early Pan, 48-52-ish for a fun and run around in the hills bike.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I boughtm my 47 knuckle as a basket case chopper in 1979 or 80, the motor was tired, frame extensively modified...I had a guy do the lower end, I had the machine work done on the top end and put it all together, bought a used 58-64 swingarm frame and all other used parts and built a road bike out of it. I rode it cross country many times and all over Arizona with very little issues, and never being stuck anywhere. I paid I believe $1200 for the 47 Knuckle basket case and had perhaps $2500 or so total in the finished road bike. Today a Knuckle motor and title, not even running will bring $20k or more.

Im moving forward to Pans and Shovels. Hoping to build an early Pan, 48-52-ish for a fun and run around in the hills bike.
    In this, and in other ways, you are a pure American.

User Tag List