Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ruger 10/22

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Interesting. Almost like a short AR barrel with an overlength XM177 FH to make 16”? The suppressor mounts inside the shroud?
    Yes, it is so you can (my understanding) go with or without a can without a stamp.
    There are also somewhat (IMO) goofy barrels that have aluminum shrouds so the short barrel can be steel, but the assembly be lighter, for uber-gamey Steel Challenge setups.

Interesting. Almost like a short AR barrel with an overlength XM177 FH to make 16”? The supressor mounts inside the shroud?
    Yup, that way the suppressor doesn't add to the OAL much; maybe half an inch.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    Any idea how long the shroud is? I’d hate to get one and then find out whatever suppressor I wanted to use is too short.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I believe the barrel itself is 12.75", so that would mean the shroud is in the 3.25" ballpark. There are pictures with a traditional 4" can, and its sticks out about a half inch or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    I believe the barrel itself is 12.75", so that would mean the shroud is in the 3.25" ballpark. There are pictures with a traditional 4" can, and its sticks out about a half inch or so.
    Thanks! I’m not savvy enough on suppressors yet to know what size I’m looking at in pictures.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Fond memories of going to war against the red squirrel population of the Adirondacks with a birch stocked 10/22, at age eight. I got pretty good at sub-50 yard shots on the vicious, noisy little buggers in a short window of opportunity.

(I had read about what reds did to greys to force them from their territories… seemed unjust to me.)

I observed a rimfire precision match at my club Saturday to get a feel for what I need. I’m going to start shooting them - everything I saw was on steel ranging from 50 yards out to 200. I’m just waiting for the scope and mount to get here so I can get the rifle dialed in ahead of the match, I figure ammunition testing is going to take some time.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Today was a 10/22 kind of day!

First, I got the MI folding brace with Tailhook installed on the Charger. If I ever SBR it, I’ll swap out the Tailhook for their buttplate. This will be a fun supressor host.

Name:  IMG_0617.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  102.4 KB

Second, Brown Santa just dropped off the optic for my LVT build in the KRG Bravo stock. It’s an Arken SH-4J 6-24X50, but I may have gotten the wrong rings. Without thinking I ordered a one piece mount from them like I would use on an AR, I suspect it will be too high and I’ll need actual rings. It’s a 34mm tube so I don’t have any laying around.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Second, Brown Santa just dropped off the optic for my LVT build in the KRG Bravo stock. It’s an Arken SH-4J 6-24X50, but I may have gotten the wrong rings. Without thinking I ordered a one piece mount from them like I would use on an AR, I suspect it will be too high and I’ll need actual rings. It’s a 34mm tube so I don’t have any laying around.
    The Arken scopes have a small knob that protrudes from the bottom of the scope that will hit the pic rail if you use too low rings. The Arken .92" tall rings were too low on my 10-22. I used 1.25" tall rings. Somebody else just ground a little relief notch in their pic rail.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    The Arken scopes have a small knob that protrudes from the bottom of the scope that will hit the pic rail if you use too low rings. The Arken .92" tall rings were too low on my 10-22. I used 1.25" tall rings. Somebody else just ground a little relief notch in their pic rail.
    Good info, I’ll watch for that. Is yours the same model scope?
    Ken

User Tag List