Page 375 of 375 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375
Results 3,741 to 3,748 of 3748

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    As a non LEO and all the talk the last few years about better policing and better use of psychology, is or what would have been a better way of dealing with this guy? I don’t know that I can see any way this might have come out different?

https://youtu.be/HQihykKYKQQ?si=DpN85pBu9Oomnf0I

Site Supporter
    Many people refuse to de-escalate. Tasers can be very effective with proper training and techniques, but they obviously don't work much of the time.

Site Supporter

Louisville police attempt to arrest a 17-year-old suspect in the murder of another teenager suspect is armed with a handgun. Suspect is taken down to the ground, but will not relinquish the handgun which is in his hand between his legs.

Suspect refuses repeated commands to let go of the gun. Suspect then fires a shot from the gun in his hand at which point he is shot in the head by one of the officers.

The suspects gun was a ballistic match to the weapon, used to kill the initial teen victim.

Washoe County DA Determines July 2020 Reno Police Shooting 'Accidental'
    Note that it took almost four years for the DA to make this determination. That is not unusual for Washoe County. There may well be good reasons for the long wait but it seems like this would be quite a strain on the officers involved.
    The news story includes a link to the DA's report. I included the original OIS video as well.

https://www.2news.com/news/washoe-co...d6705c8b8.html

"The Washoe County District Attorney's Office has determined that a July 2020 police shooting was accidental "and therefore lacking the willful mental state required for criminal liability."

Prosecutors say Reno Police officers were called to South Virginia Street for a traffic stop on July 26, 2020. When they arrived, officers say the suspect, Christopher Sheahan was not compliant.
    Body camera video shows officers repeatedly telling Sheahan to get on the ground. When he did not comply with the officer's commands, that is when authorities say a deputy deployed his TASER.
    Police say the deputy missed hitting the suspect and struck a Reno officer in the knee. They say the officer then unintentionally discharged his gun, shooting the suspect in the right shoulder.
    Officers say the 43-year-old suspect was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
    Sparks Police took over the investigation as part of the regional protocol.

The report ends, "Based upon a review of the entire investigation presented by the SPD and the application of relevant Nevada statutory and decisional authorities to the known facts and circumstances surrounding the shooting on July 26, 2020, of Christopher Sheahan, the actions of Reno Police Officer Richard Jager were accidental and therefore lacking the willful mental state required for criminal liability. Unless new circumstances come to light which contradict the factual foundation upon which this decision is made, this case is officially closed."

Site Supporter
    As they say, the process is the punishment. Four years is a long time to await your judgement, especially in a case like that one.

Site Supporter
    German LE and bystanders fighting dude who attacked a Politician with a knife. Not sure why I can’t imbed.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1796539252173689293
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 05-31-2024 at 10:55 AM.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

This video made me laugh out loud. Gotta love the way the 3rd officer deals with the fence between him and the perp. https://youtu.be/95mnp0eAjKE?si=MtYcXnN8DIohAex6

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    This video made me laugh out loud. Gotta love the way the 3rd officer deals with the fence between him and the perp.
    Oh yeah!

User Tag List