Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magpul EHG SG9 (SIG P320 Grips)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Lok does, and there is silicon carbide/ soldering irons for everything else!
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Not sure what the Magpul product is actually offering here to differentiate itself from the pack? $10 cheaper MSRP from OEM?
    To be fair to the Magpul product developers and marketing team, there is a large segment of handgun owners that line up to save $10 on Glock magazines that don't function as well as OEM magazines. Might as well tap into that Sig owner revenue stream as well.

To change gears and say something positive, one thing I like the looks of with this module is it appears the grip is somewhat reminiscent in shape to the HK USP grip, which I like quite a bit. Simple rectangular shape. No excessive grooves or contours. Based on appearances alone, I think it might make for a nice shooter.

In my opinion, many of the factory modules have too round of a grip shape. Give me a rectangle, and indexing is easy. Give me a circle and the consistency starts to drop off. The Wilson modules, while I like a lot about them, have too narrow of a backstrap. That leads to an odd feeling like they were trying to mimic that 1911 single stack feel while losing the benefits of a wide contact patch that would normally be possible in a double stack. This Magpul EHG looks like it might split the difference quite nicely. I'll be buying one to try out with my P250.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    To change gears and say something positive, one thing I like the looks of with this module is it appears the grip is somewhat reminiscent in shape to the HK USP grip, which I like quite a bit. Simple rectangular shape. No excessive grooves or contours. Based on appearances alone, I think it might make for a nice shooter.

In my opinion, many of the factory modules have too round of a grip shape. Give me a rectangle, and indexing is easy. Give me a circle and the consistency starts to drop off. The Wilson modules, while I like a lot about them, have too narrow of a backstrap. That leads to an odd feeling like they were trying to mimic that 1911 single stack feel while losing the benefits of a wide contact patch that would normally be possible in a double stack. This Magpul EHG looks like it might split the difference quite nicely. I'll be buying one to try out with my P250.
    Agree with all of the above

I find the idea of the Magpul grip texture from their AR grips on a handgun interesting. I'd be curious how that feels and it might be an interesting addition to the market. They may also have a different take on the polymer blend used in the frame that could something to try. If they come out with a Glock frame I might buy one out of curiosity. I'm a bit of a Sig hater so the chances of me getting hands on this one are slim to none.

I'm new to the P320 and found the P80 grips on sale ($35 plus shipping, still on sale). So far I love it, definitely blocky.

I have a Sig fullsize and compact, both of which are ergonomic but do feel small-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post

I agree 100%
    I’ve been shooting my P320 compact exclusively so far this season and the rounded grip is a serious drawback.
    It might feel good in the hand but the gun twists so easily it throws shots all over the place at speed.
    It makes me long for the 2x4 grip frames of the Glock.
    I’ll get a Magpul module and see if it fixes the issue.
    As for where to put my thumb with the takedown lever in the way that’s a whole other problem for another day.
    By and large I’m thoroughly unimpressed with the shooting characteristics of the P320.
    I promised I’d do 1000 rounds through it and give it a fair shake. Almost there and it never hesitates to disappoint.
    Despite the light trigger the gun is inaccurate.
    Despite the bulk the gun flips around.
    Not to mention the lack of trust in the trigger group from the unintended discharges that plague the internet.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by diananike View Post
    I agree 100%
    I’ve been shooting my P320 compact exclusively so far this season and the rounded grip is a serious drawback.
    It might feel good in the hand but the gun twists so easily it throws shots all over the place at speed.
    As for where to put my thumb with the takedown lever in the way that’s a whole other problem for another day.
    By and large I’m thoroughly unimpressed with the shooting characteristics of the P320.
    I promised I’d do 1000 rounds through it and give it a fair shake. Almost there and it never hesitates to disappoint.
    Not to mention the lack of trust in the trigger group from the unintended discharges that plague the internet.
    Are you shooting the standard 320 grip that looks like the M1/18 grip?

If so, your experience with it matches mine. That said I would strongly recommend that you try one of the SIG X series grips (The ones that look reminiscent of a Glock grip).

The Carry grip if you are running 17 round mags, if not the X compact grip for the 15 round magazines.

Just a note about sizing, I usually shoot a medium in the full size/carry 17 round group, but had better results with the large grip in the 15 round/X compact size. I found the standard/medium X compact grip more to the larger models small grip.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Are you shooting the standard 320 grip that looks like the M1/18 grip?

If so, your experience with it matches mine. That said I would strongly recommend that you try one of the SIG X series grips (The ones that look reminiscent of a Glock grip).

The Carry grip if you are running 17 round mags, if not the X compact grip for the 15 round magazines.

Just a note about sizing, I usually shoot a medium in the full size/carry 17 round group, but had better results with the large grip in the 15 round/X compact size. I found the standard/medium X compact grip more to the larger models small grip.
    I’ve been using the Sig Compact medium grip module, the 15rd one. Kind of like a M18 I suppose, just shorter, it has the same contour.

I’ve heard good things about the X-compact grip frames. I didn’t like the look of them but form follows function and my performance with the OG factory grip leaves something to be desired. I do think the Magpul one looks cooler.

If I get a X-compact one I’ll try to find a large as per your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by diananike View Post
    I agree 100%
    Imo just get a p365 macro rac ops. Better than a p320 in every way

User Tag List