Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ruger 10/22

Quote Originally Posted by strow View Post
    I didn't see it mentioned but upgrading the trigger and possibly larger mag release would be at the top of a short upgrade list.

And I vote at least one set up with quality RDS mounted as low as possible and possibly adding a foam cheek riser for an easy and consistent cheek weld.
    Two of the kid’s have the current factory extended magazine release. All three would benefit from BX Triggers, though.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Ya know, I have maybe fifty years experience with that dang bolt hold open and it still frustrates me, I wonder if some chamber flags might be a good idea?
    I usually modify mine to allow dropping the bolt by pulling back on the charging handle.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I have 3….and here’s a brief recap on merits

They’re all fun to shoot and generally reliable

The G44: only ten round magazine, plastic slide and sights…low cost, not flawless…but reliable.

The P322: 20 round magazine, optic ready, fiber optic sights, threaded barrel…..but picky about how you load the mags

The Mark II: smooth feeding, very reliable in terms of consistent loading and ignition, the devil to field strip unless it’s been modified, very heavy.
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

I lost a mag from the takedown while hunting when it had the factory extended mag release. I ordered some flush fitting releases and put them on the takedown and my two American Rimfires.

I picked up a MOE X-22 stock for the Appleseed today, my right wrist thanks me. The Flyweight may get one too, replacing the Hogue.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Do y'all think the takedown is worth it? I have one now, that I have never fired. I want to put a TacSol SB-X barrel on it. GT Distributors has their Magpul 10-22 stocks on sale/clearance, so I bought one for the takedown for $75. I am wondering now if it will "work" with the SB-X barrel. By work I mean will the two pieces lock together, when taken down.

On the other hand I can find non-TD SD-X barrels for about 10% less. WHich leads me to my original question.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I picked up a MOE X-22 stock for the Appleseed today, my right wrist thanks me. The Flyweight may get one too, replacing the Hogue.
    And it did.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    Do y'all think the takedown is worth it? I have one now, that I have never fired. I want to put a TacSol SB-X barrel on it. GT Distributors has their Magpul 10-22 stocks on sale/clearance, so I bought one for the takedown for $75. I am wondering now if it will "work" with the SB-X barrel. By work I mean will the two pieces lock together, when taken down.

On the other hand I can find non-TD SD-X barrels for about 10% less. WHich leads me to my original question.
    A takedown suppressed 10/22 would be a lot of fun. Is this the one you’re talking about?

https://store.tacticalsol.com/Detail...5868&CAT=13419

It might be worth a call to TacSol to ask about MagPul stock compatibility.
    Ken

KRG 10/22 Bravo users: how is yours outfitted?

My red Bravo showed up today and the LVT dropped right in. I held off on ordering accessories but I’m thinking the LOP is a little short, even with the spacer. I’ll wait until I get it to the range to decide for sure whether I need the adjustable buttplate.

I did mount a 1913 rail piece for a bipod, and I’m wondering if I really shouldn’t have the spigot to move it out ahead of the stock.

Anyone using the adjustable buttplate and/or spigot on their 10/22 Bravo?
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    A takedown suppressed 10/22 would be a lot of fun. Is this the one you’re talking about?

https://store.tacticalsol.com/Detail...5868&CAT=13419

It might be worth a call to TacSol to ask about MagPul stock compatibility.
    Nah, I'm looking at this one.

https://store.tacticalsol.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1366891

Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    Interesting. Almost like a short AR barrel with an overlength XM177 FH to make 16”? The supressor mounts inside the shroud?
    Ken

User Tag List