Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: Need new dad bag

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    The orange pouches became available and by resistance Kolter!

I missed out on the first run of 0.5 but I can always pick one of those up later I hope.

Attachment 117954
    Still not sure how I'll like going from carrying everything in sub-pockets within the bag vs carrying one sub-bag with sub pockets within the bag.

I was working from a hotel last week and thought of this as I was reaching behind me to pull individual items out of the larger bag and wishing I had a single desk-caddie to place on the desk with everything I need, but then noticing that I really didn't have any room on the tiny hotel desk anyway...

Oh and the 1L pouch is totally empty.
    Last Friday I was WFH and stumbled on a realization that even my relatively-massive power supply for my laptop appears to fit in the larger pouch, along with all of my “use computer at desk” equipment like external mic, external HD, mouse, etc.

I’m going to experiment with moving all of the ancillary stuff like charging cables, etc over the the smaller 1L pouch under th notion that the larger pouch would be deployed when setting up the computer and the smaller pouch deployed for connecting things to it for longer periods, as well as strictly charging devices.

I think that combo will result in the ability to only have to deploy one pouch or the other or both but not always having to deploy two pouches.

Yes, this is way down the rabbit hole, but I am one of those people that gets an imense amount of joy at discovering I’ve figured out a good “tool” workflow. The first time I grabbed my drill off the tool wall in my workshop I was giddy for days.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I know my comment was barely a blip on the radar in this thread, but I reached out to NoSurrenderGear to ask some clarifying questions and after some helpful back and forth, they gave me a pretty significant discount in exchange for my feedback. I'll probably go further than that and make a full-blown review since there's so little info out there about their packs.

I'm taking a trip to DC for a few days in July with the wife and 4 yr old so it'll be a good chance to evaluate how it performs as a "dad bag" and how comfortable it is in hot weather.

well son of a bitch.

CIVIC TRAVEL BAG 20L

Name:  Screenshot 2024-06-11 104054.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  20.1 KB

Name:  Screenshot 2024-06-11 104236.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  22.4 KB

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    I had the exact same reaction when I went and looked at their site. How is that I liked the one bag, and didn't think to ask if they had something else that would work for this? I was actually looking at other stuff and unintentionally clicked on that snubby one and realized how similar it was to what I was hoping for. Derp.https://sharpedgeshop.com/it/collect...apanese-knives

Anyway at 122 mighty US greenbacks, or seven Frostback car payments, I'm not sure I'm going to jump on that but it's similar to what interests me, for sure.
    I had the exact same reaction when I checked out their site!

sooooo close to pulling the trigger on this, but goddamn... ouch

Attachment 117667
    Carried it home and back last night. Definitely way better carrying than my "free" work company-branded Ogio backpack.

Got the laptop in on the way out the door, and out again this morning. Remains to be seen if the tight fit becomes an issue.

Besides the zipper opening size being only a scosh larger than the laptop itself, I'm also noticing the overall bag width is just barely bigger than the laptop width of about 10.25-10.5", which is also making is sit/carry a little oddly.
    - Dimensions: 18 x 7 x 11.5in
    still finding the CPL a *little* too small.

I'm considering the CTB 26 as a replacement already. It's 1" taller, 0.5" wider, and 1" deeper. 4 oz heavier, but still more volume:weight efficient. It also adds water bottle pockets which, for the way I generally carry, is great as it puts the umbrella I EDC in SEFL on the outside of the bag for accessibility as well as helps avoid those "what the hell, I could have sworn the umbrella was in here yesterday!" moments.

In the pics, it just *looks* so much bulkier. If it only had factory cinch straps I could at least clamp it down when I wasn't packing it out.

CTB26 | CPL 24

Name:  Screenshot 2024-07-11 143407.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  32.5 KB

@rob_s - in this extensive search, have you found any packs that stand up on their own? My vertx edc pack falls over and it drives me nuts. I hate having to have to lean my pack up against something in order for it to stand up properly. Apparently, not many packs do this (at least in my search).

@rob_s - in this extensive search, have you found any packs that stand up on their own? My vertx edc pack falls over and it drives me nuts. I hate having to have to lean my pack up against something in order for it to stand up properly. Apparently, not many packs do this (at least in my search).

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I know that it comes up fairly frequently in a lot of the review videos that I watch, and it was or even is certainly part of my criteria as well. I kind of gave up on it as I found that in actual practice a bag that stands up just fine when empty or on a video up toppling over but I load it up my way.

I have not read thru the entire thread. It's very possible I'm repeating another's recommendation.

Check out Pakt. I've used the Pakt One Travel Duffle (35L) on several international trips up to 11 days at a time. Love it. Roomy enough to carry just about all I need for a week-long (or longer) trip; small/soft enough to fit into small overhead bins; designed to make all items easy to pack as well as access; sturdy & durable materials.

Not suggesting you select that bag, of course; just sharing my experience based on how well designed their gear is.

Their Everyday 15L Bag may suit you: https://paktbags.com/products/everyday-15l

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    I have not read thru the entire thread. It's very possible I'm repeating another's recommendation.

Check out Pakt. I've used the Pakt One Travel Duffle (35L) on several international trips up to 11 days at a time. Love it. Roomy enough to carry just about all I need for a week-long (or longer) trip; small/soft enough to fit into small overhead bins; designed to make all items easy to pack as well as access; sturdy & durable materials.

Not suggesting you select that bag, of course; just sharing my experience based on how well designed their gear is.

Their Everyday 15L Bag may suit you: https://paktbags.com/products/everyday-15l
    Their everyday 22 was very near the top of my list despite being listed as a 22 its about the same overall size as the Evergoods that I bought, while also being significantly lighter.

I was so sure iw as going to get the apakt that I even bought a couple of their clip-in accessory pouches.

How the everyday 22 stacks up to the evergoods bags.
    Name:  IMG_1223.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  22.9 KB

User Tag List