Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First I frame

First I frame

Got my first I frame with this .32 Hand Ejector 3rd Model with a 3 1/4” barrel, that shipped somewhere between 1937 and 1939 from what I can gather.

Super elegant little wheel gun that’s perfectly miniaturized. I’m shocked at how much smaller it is than a J frame and I’ve included a comparison pic next to a 31-1 also in .32 Long. Note the difference in the size of the trigger guards.

Also posted is a nightstand pic with a 1931 Gruen Curvex doctor’s watch.

Quite chuffed with this little gun and I guess I frames are my next venture in collecting.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

On top of my "like" for the beautiful revolvers, I wanted to add a "like" for your Gruen watch, but I can't do that, thus this post.

Maybe you already know this, but in case you don't: Gruen has a website and is trying to catalog all of its past watches; maybe you'd like to add yours to their list?

Gruen Watch
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I'm not a watch guy, but that Gruen is rather appealing. As is that .32's.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Got my first I frame with this .32 Hand Ejector 3rd Model with a 3 1/4” barrel, that shipped somewhere between 1937 and 1939 from what I can gather.
    I had a nickel 4" version of your HE for several years, but sold it when my eyes got to the point I couldn't see through the tiny rear sight anymore. Fun gun to shoot at the range. They're beautiful guns and nicely balanced with the cartridge. Mine went to a buddy who is REALLY into 32s.

The lockwork is interesting compared to modern J-frames. There's no rebound slide for one thing.

Pics:
    Name:  208091_1039457064029_9651_n.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  61.5 KB

Name:  206415_1039457104030_9961_n.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  78.1 KB

Chris

"He's gotta 32 gun in his pocket full of fun..."
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    I had to pass on a 32 I Frame at a local shop and it sold right after I left, one of a few I really regret not being able to pick up. I was also surprised how much smaller it was than my 432, would have been an excellent pocket gun.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    My maternal grandfather had a similar watch, and after he passed away, mom gave it to my dad. Unfortunately, it was stolen from a country club locker room while dad was cleaning up. "G__ d___ rich b_______!" was the last thing I ever heard him say about the incident.

Anyway...

I was the work "gun guy" for the 40 years I was in harness, and I was shown a lot of older guns that had wound up with co-workers in one way or another. "Do you know what this is? Is it safe to shoot? Where can I get bullets for it? What's it worth?" In that time, I got to look over a surprising number of small to tiny handguns that belonged to some elderly or already departed family member. I don't know where all the "big iron" was hiding, but I sure got to see a plethora of diminutive pocket guns for every full size one.

There were lots and lots of .32 revolvers... but relatively few really good ones like this I-frame.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    FTA...

When I was younger, there were a lot of men - a good many of whom kinda looked/dressed like Fred Mertz - who had seen a bit of the world and yet carried dinky .32 revolvers. Now that I am as old or older than they were at the time, I am no longer so dismissive of such choices.

Despite the ubiquitous "smartphone," I still habitually wear a "railroad approved" wristwatch. It is an object of curiosity to many people, and is sort of like a secret handshake between some of us dinosaurs.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I would not sneeze at having a six-shot .32 I-frame-sized gun. (Because I don't use ATMs, nor do I need to gas up after the Sun goes down.)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

S&W in 38 S&W caliber around out side a 32 hand ejector in the middle. All I frames.

User Tag List