Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the AUG.

I ordered a barrel ($599) from Steyr. I picked it in color "mud" to easily differentiate from 5.56.

The video suggests a lot of cleaning is required. Hope that is not true shooting Barnes's 110 supersonic in modest quantities and no subs.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I put the red spring kit in this morning. Huge difference - it went from 11.5# down to 8.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I put the red spring kit in this morning. Huge difference - it went from 11.5# down to 8.
    Like you I noticed a huge difference in the trigger pull yesterday after I installed the red springs and added some dry graphite to the trigger pack. This YouTube video made the installation very easy and a 5 minute job with just a punch. Highly recommend the Steyr red springs. https://youtu.be/VDm0-wqPwc0?si=eTLIVv1lpsMYWRyu

I also adjusted the trigger bar pre-travel and that seemed to help the feel of the trigger.
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 05-12-2024 at 04:06 PM.

I used the Rat Worx sear. In my A3, I had to Dremel a bit to allow for clearance. Average trigger pull is about 6.2 lbs per my Lyman electronic gauge. I tried the play with the springs, but it would ignite the primer reliably for me. I think it's an either/or but not both thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Would this work? Steyr AUG A3 M1 .300AAC rifle W/ Steyr 1.5x optic & Steyr AUG 20" Interchangeable .223/5.56 barrel for $1999.99. Perhaps sell the .223 barrel for $300 to offset the price?
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/stey...ext300sp2.html
    So, it runs on .300Bo supers and my homebrew 220gr subs, using Magpul AUG PMAGs. Steyr AUG 5.56 mags, and Steyr factory .300BO mags.

I'm really pleased, this is an amazing deal for anyone looking to get into AUGs. The optic is German and very sturdy feeling and clear. With its German #4-like reticle, I was able to mount a can (Dead Air Sandman Ti) and hit a soda can offhand at 35 yards with a supersonic round.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    I used the Rat Worx sear. I tried the play with the springs, but it would ignite the primer reliably for me. I think it's an either/or but not both thing.
    I did a lot of reading and watching YouTube videos before spending money on trying to improve the trigger, and what you're saying about either/or was what I kept seeing too.

I'll be testing those springs this weekend whole zeroing the Aimpoint Duty RDS on my rifle. Or is it a carbine...?

So far I’m happy enough with the red springs and replacement trigger that I think I’m done with the FCG. I did break down and order an oversize magazine release, I was getting annoyed with the stock one.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    So far I’m happy enough with the red springs and replacement trigger that I think I’m done with the FCG.
    Replacement trigger? What did you end up with? An Arid?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Replacement trigger? What did you end up with? An Arid?
    I couldn't remember the name, but that’s it!
    Ken

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    So, it runs on .300Bo supers and my homebrew 220gr subs, using Magpul AUG PMAGs. Steyr AUG 5.56 mags, and Steyr factory .300BO mags.

I'm really pleased, this is an amazing deal for anyone looking to get into AUGs. The optic is German and very sturdy feeling and clear. With its German #4-like reticle, I was able to mount a can (Dead Air Sandman Ti) and hit a soda can offhand at 35 yards with a supersonic round.
    Shame you posted pics of it in the sweaty arm pit of internet arms discussion, instead of posting pics of it here!

User Tag List