Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mike Glover Arrested: Internet Personality Charged With Domestic Violence

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    That was tongue in cheek. I was using the osteoporosis thing to show how unlikely this is to be anything other than a very violent domestic assault. Like you said, Glover needs a serious intervention.
    I was too.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    . . . we are all just one bad decision away from ruining our lives.
    That quote sums up the theme of this miniseries: Inside Man

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I didn't realize he had a drinking problem
    Me neither and I have trained with Fieldcraft. Did he have a DUI or some sort of drunken video rant?

Osteoporosis and osteogenesis imperfecta? Seriously, what’s next? Let me guess: Nicole Brown Simpson didn’t die from OJ stabbing her…she died of complications from hemophilia.

The number of people now willing to set aside common sense in favor of their internet cult is astounding.

Edit:@WP - I know that your comment about osteoporosis was sarcasm. But go on other gun forums and…well - Jesus Christ.
    Last edited by Sensei; 05-12-2024 at 12:33 AM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

This is the guy that complained about the FBI labeling his group a "domestic violent extremism" organization after a bunch of its members went to January 6 to "protect the capital" including 4 who stormed inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Osteoporosis and osteogenesis imperfecta? Seriously, what’s next? Let me guess: Nicole Brown Simpson didn’t die from OJ stabbing her…she died of complications from hemophilia.

The number of people now willing to set aside common sense in favor of their internet cult is astounding.

Edit:@WP - I know that your comment about osteoporosis was sarcasm. But go on other gun forums and…well - Jesus Christ.
    I believe it. I’ve seen people claiming it’s an FBI frame job.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    This is the guy that complained about the FBI labeling his group a "domestic violent extremism" organization after a bunch of its members went to January 6 to "protect the capital" including 4 who stormed inside.
    And put their feet on Senator's desks and everything!
    Has Congress authorized themselves CIBs yet?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    But go on other gun forums and…well - Jesus Christ.
    That, in a single sentence, sums up the value of this place.

All hail @LittleLebowski, the Gang of Shit Mods, and the regular contributors who keep this place the shining palace atop the mostly putrid landfill that is the gunternet.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    That, in a single sentence, sums up the value of this place.

All hail @LittleLebowski, the Gang of Shit Mods, and the regular contributors who keep this place the shining palace atop the mostly putrid landfill that is the gunternet.

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I will throw in my take.

I have never been a big fan and I have literally shaken my head, especially when he says stuff like he said in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGzMZ1DPMEA&t=5s

He tells all his followers how he "operates" in Heber Utah, then tells them he doesn't carry anything but FMJ in his pistol, because hollow points break apart on impact, as well as later saying that when hollow points hit glass they won't penetrate a windshield. He said it just shrapnels and even for a person that is not good. Then he talks about how synthetic bonded ammunition is best because it "displaces energy vertically". Then he talks about what +P means and gets that wrong too.

There is so much that is absolutely wrong in one video it is one of those things where you watch it and sit back and just say "wow" shaking your head.. Not one bit of it is based on fact and is simply based on imagination.

The unfortunate part is that there are thousands of people who will watch the video and think "Oh hey, this guy is a Green Beret/Special Forces guy, so he must really know his stuff. I had better follow his advice and tell all my friends the same."

I have watched some of his other stuff, and I will just say that as a guy who has spent a lifetime in this place we call the Rocky Mountains and some of that includes hunting in some of the nastiest blizzards in the dead of winter, and getting caught in the high desert in some awful storms, I find some of his advice a bit long on theory and short on actual experience. Most the time you don't need a ton of crap and a lifted vehicle or a bugout VW van converted to diesel. You need common sense, a little water and a shovel.

Now with that out of the way. With an eye towards his current mess. I am not going to dogpile. Not knowing what actually happened, not knowing the woman, their relationship, or what led up to the events (if there was one) and how they actually played out, it is hard for me to pass judgment on the guy. From what others are saying, it sounds like Glover may have some personal issues that he needs to deal with, and if that is the case, then I hope he has the opportunity to do so. A LOT of guys came back from overseas with mental health and related dependency issues and struggled with them, or still struggle with them, and trying to deal with them alone did not work for many. I think trying to deal with those things alone, not getting professional help or even seeking help within the buddy circle is what led to such a high rate of suicides among vets and combat vets.

So whatever the actual story is, I hope Mike Glover gets it straightened out and comes out a better person. He served his country, and at the very least deserves to get some help in return.

I wish him well.

User Tag List