Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Walther PPK now available in .32 / 7.65

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Walther actually has ”PDK” trademarked: https://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=9...e=statusSearch

I’m gonna guess the “K” stands for “kompact.”

I mean, I guess there’s no guarantee they have a product for the name. But… there were also some Walther patents floating around for compact pistol stuff.

Sometimes I wonder if they’re waiting until after HK drops the VP9CC (in the US) so they’re not a “me too.”
    The application has been examined and published, but they still need to file a statement of use to get the trademark registration. Filing that statement requires that a product is presently being offered for sale under that trademark.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The application has been examined and published, but they still need to file a statement of use to get the trademark registration. Filing that statement requires that a product is presently being offered for sale under that trademark.
    Interesting.

Looks like they filed an extension for the statement of use in November. Very curious to see what they come out with. I dig the PPS M1.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

For anyone on the fence on the PPK, it looks like the Hydra Shok Deep .32 is available from multiple vendors now

Seriously, I’ll be curious to see how it functions in older designs like the Walthers as well as in newer ones like the P32 (and in properly done gel testing).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Totally not interested after owning an HK4 in .380. I gave it away to a relative so long ago. Maybe it was worse than I remember but I'd have to buy another one if HK built it.
    I had two HK4s over the years. I loved the idea of them, but neither one I had actually worked very well. Rather ammo picking for .32 and .380 fmj. Now years later I understand they probably would have worked better with hotter CIP spec ammo, but at the time that wasn't much of an option. Neither one worked particularly well as a 22.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    I put many a brick of .22 through a PPK clone as a yute. The .32 has some appeal. The .22 PPK/S would but it's hard to get past the airsoft pot metal construction. (Aren't those made by Umarex?)

It wouldn't supplant a P365 or J-frame as an actual carry piece. That day has long since passed. But it's nice to take something like this (novelty) on trips to the square range because just banging away with a holosun'd P365 would get boring in a hurry.
    Several of us have the potmetal Not-A-PPKS dedicated 22s here and they are great fun. DA pull is horrible but they just run like little sewing machines with most any decent ammo and make super amusing suppressor hosts.

Quote Originally Posted by revolvergeek View Post
    I had two HK4s over the years. I loved the idea of them, but neither one I had actually worked very well. Rather ammo picking for .32 and .380 fmj. Now years later I understand they probably would have worked better with hotter CIP spec ammo, but at the time that wasn't much of an option. Neither one worked particularly well as a 22.
    Agreed. I had one with all four caliber conversions. Sample of one of course. No matter what I tried, parts replacements, etc. it just never functioned well in anything except either the .32 or .380 (I forget, it's been more than a decade). The .22lr conversion was highly unreliable. Overall, unfortunately a disappointing gun IMO.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

I scratched the itch for a war era .32 years ago with a Sauer 38H.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by revolvergeek View Post
    Several of us have the potmetal Not-A-PPKS dedicated 22s here and they are great fun. DA pull is horrible but they just run like little sewing machines with most any decent ammo and make super amusing suppressor hosts.
    I've heard other people with similar experience. They do seem to actually work. I mean, it's a .22 so it doesn't need a frame machined out of billet unicorn horn. And it's a legit Walther, even if actually manufactured by their parent company.

I can't explain why it's such a hangup

I may eventually wind up with one anyway.

I get the whole retro thing, but blowback, so,ewhat heavy for caliber etc. They should do a true pocket .32, like a Walther “TP” max, knda LCP ish if you will.

I am hopeful Walther really ups the micro game, with the design drawing amd the novel 1.5 stack size that actually is a double stack, sounds like it may offer max capacity.

Don’t forget S&W too has leaked the “Bodyguard 2.0,” as both an XC and XS version. Hopefully one is a .32 ACP.

I can’t tell you how much more fun it is to shoot my old Taurus TCP in .32 and my tiny Keltec P32, than .380s.

User Tag List