Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack of dogs attack people in Philly

I find it hard to believe there are that many strays running loose in any neighborhood. Doesn't Philly have any type of animal control or is that just something that doesn't happen in those les-than-desirable neighborhoods?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I find it hard to believe there are that many strays running loose in any neighborhood. Doesn't Philly have any type of animal control or is that just something that doesn't happen in those les-than-desirable neighborhoods?
    You've never been to Philly, I see.

Baltimore, Philadelphia, and D.C are generously described as "shitholes".

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    You've never been to Philly, I see.

Baltimore, Philadelphia, and D.C are generously described as "shitholes".
    I think I flew through there once. We took a very long bus ride away from the AP and back to a different gate to make a connection. I thought that was odd.

Been to DC. Homeless people were living in the restrooms near the Vietnam memorial on the National mall.

Site Supporter
    For reasons, random dogs often think I am their mortal enemy. Been bit three times by dogs that 10 to 30 seconds prior owners stated "You're fine, they won't bite you." Been blessed by my affinity for double knee work pants.

Pepper spray and CP goes on every walk.

Would a reasonable response been just to pepper spray everything in the pile of dogs/victim? To make some distance to start popping dogs.

Maybe wading in baton swinging?

Maybe wading in to get the dogs to attack you and off the poor dude on the ground?

It seemed the guy with the rake could of helped but then again, the pack leader was a huge f'ing dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Philly (and cities like them) have significant shortages in their police force. To the point that certain crimes are not enforced. Such as roaming gangs of 4 wheelers and dirt bikes.

Not sure why animal control would be any different.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    The relentless attacking dog scares me more than a person.
    Same. The only time I've ever put my hand on my CCW was when an aggressive dog off a leash started to approach me snarling and barking one night. Luckily its owners were nearby and got it under control.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GmanVP9 View Post
    Everything else is Philly sucks, Im not surprised their strays do as well
    It doesn't all suck. The hot roast pork from John's in the Pennsport section is bomber.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

If any of those dogs have owners and they allow their dog to roam the owner should be shot! This ultimately is a people problem. There are no bad dogs only bad owners.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    If any of those dogs have owners and they allow their dog to roam the owner should be shot! This ultimately is a people problem. There are no bad dogs only bad owners.
    I have to agree with that. When I see that out in the desert I have to think those dogs were dumped. They're just trying to survive. We took in more than one that was dumped near our house when I was a kid. Town was 20 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    For reasons, random dogs often think I am their mortal enemy. Been bit three times by dogs that 10 to 30 seconds prior owners stated "You're fine, they won't bite you." Been blessed by my affinity for double knee work pants.

Pepper spray and CP goes on every walk.

Would a reasonable response been just to pepper spray everything in the pile of dogs/victim? To make some distance to start popping dogs.

Maybe wading in baton swinging?

Maybe wading in to get the dogs to attack you and off the poor dude on the ground?

It seemed the guy with the rake could have helped but then again, the pack leader was a huge f'ing dog.
    If it was one dog maybe use a baton at first. A pack of dogs attacking me no way. I’m shooting the fuckers. I swore I’d never get bit by a dog on the street. No way I’m letting a pit bull bite me if I can stop it. I got bit plenty of times by police dogs but never a privately owned or feral dog.

ETA Now that I think about it I did use a rechargeable Maglite to hit/fend off dogs. I never shot a dog either.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List