Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Latest generation Mazda Miata

Site Supporter
    A Raptor and a Miata- You clearly DO NOT know how to have any fun.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post

Nice. Mazda is using some really good color schemes over the past few model years. They remind me of some of the better late 60s VW and Saab colors.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    It seems these days, a six-speed shifter is sovereign proof against certain types of car theft.
    I'm a 5-speed guy... that last gear is worthless, at least in the two I've owned... more shifts for the same top gear ratio... pointless.

Try switching from a Ford Raptor to a Miata, that’s interesting too 😁
    I had a company station wagon (Taurus) and a Fiat Spider (and a couple of motorcycles)... not quite a truck size gap, but I did have more than one date checking my wagon back seat for a car seat... Not a great first date mobile... but handy when you get to know me better..
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Not gonna lie, now that I am getting into autocross, I’ve certainly been considering getting one.

Running a 600+ HP Vette in Autocross is like shooting steel challenge with a .45 ACP with +P loads. Doable, but not ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I'm a 5-speed guy... that last gear is worthless, at least in the two I've owned... more shifts for the same top gear ratio... pointless.
    It's only more shifts if you use all the gears 😀

Our '06 GTO was effectively a 4 speed with the gear spacing...
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    A Raptor and a Miata- You clearly DO NOT know how to have any fun.
    #WatchThisSpace 😁
    #RESIST

the RF will be warmer in Wyoming.
    Are you gonna get to relocate?

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    In about 1979 I had a lifted shortbed 4x4 Chevy with a 4spd (creeper gear) and an Austin Healy Sprite...
    I currently run an 84 K5 Blazer and a honda s2000. They're on opposite ends of the spectrum, if they're even on the same spectrum LOL

In 2019, people said I would hate having a Miata as a daily driver.

People were wrong.

Every boring drive to work or the store turns me into an 8 year-old with an all-day go kart pass. Putting the top down on a pretty day is an instant mood lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    In 2019, people said I would hate having a Miata as a daily driver.

People were wrong.

Every boring drive to work or the store turns me into an 8 year-old with an all-day go kart pass.
    I think the key here is it is keeping it under your butt instead of under a cover. I got my modest Focus ST in 2016 and proceeded to drive the snot out of it, much of it for work. Now it has 140k on it, while I am working from home MrsMMc is driving it daily, and long ago it was paid for with mileage reimbursement.
    Another friend owned a GT500 for a while, drove it occasionally, sold it.
    Another close friend has a fantastic (lowered, supercharged) F-150 sitting in his garage. The next lucky bastard is going to have a blast with that truck for pennies on the dollar.

User Tag List