Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Hamre Forge J Frame Grips (improved barami hip grip)

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Here’s @rhamre reminding me to fitz an 856.

Attachment 116536
    I keep eyeing my 3” 856 and thinking maybe a half fitz with just losing half the width of the trigger guard.
    https://americanhandgunner.com/discover/on-your-guard/
    Last edited by jandbj; 03-26-2024 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    I keep eyeing my 3” 856 and thinking maybe a half fitz with just losing half the width of the trigger guard.
    https://americanhandgunner.com/discover/on-your-guard/
    Not sure I get the idea of a half-fitz. The article talks about a speed advantage. Maybe I'm just not quick enough but I can't say I've ever had a trigger guard slow me down. My understanding is the full Fitz was more about use with heavy gloves, which I can't see the half-fitz helping with at all.
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Not sure I get the idea of a half-fitz. The article talks about a speed advantage. Maybe I'm just not quick enough but I can't say I've ever had a trigger guard slow me down. My understanding is the full Fitz was more about use with heavy gloves, which I can't see the half-fitz helping with at all.
    More aesthetics than actual advantage.

Right? Rationality be damned, it’s just cool.

Every time I look at my 856 for my high-stress, dynamic, work-from-home lifestyle; it like “30 minutes in the shop will sort you out.”
    If you're like me, you've made way worse decisions that cost a lot more than an 856.

Book that shop time

You might like what you end up with.

I do.

Quote Originally Posted by rhamre View Post
    If you're like me, you've made way worse decisions that cost a lot more than an 856.
    I went through what I call an “Audi Performance Period” so, yeah, just one of those traffic court appearances could fund a few Taurus projects.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I'm really looking forward to your cut trigger guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Not sure I get the idea of a half-fitz.
    Some people occasionally get momentarily hung up on the trigger guard while trying to get on it from an indexed position in a ready position. A half-Fitz can make life a bit easier for them.

Lefty in the wild.

Attachment 112483
    Tore my right bicep tendon on Monday morning, LCR now residing in my left front pocket and I’ll be a lefty for the next 2-3mos it seems.

So yeah, @rhamre, if you could go ahead and release the one-piece left hand version…that’d be great.

We're about to pick up one piece LCR project EXTREMELY soon, including LH hook.

I just got a set of these for my LCR. Haven't shot them yet but they feel nice and I stuck it in the waist of some gym shorts and did a couple quick chores around the apartment. I was looking for a way to have a gun on me when I'm taking out trash and doing laundry at the common laundry facilities late at night and this seems to work very well for what I wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List