Page 107 of 110 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1094

Thread: Current state of the AK

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Law of averages would still seem to apply with all these. The PSA guns seem to have more problems than the KUSA but that's probably also because PSA outsells KUSA by a pretty wide margin.

Aside from some kind of hard reliability problem I do wonder how much of this is picky new AK owners. Shooters who may not realize that the selector is going to wear the paint or that casings will scratch the dust cover. Plus I think some of the forums love to blow issues out of proportion or spread hate just because they can.

I'm not saying there aren't problems. I guess I'm more cautiously optimistic than anything.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    According to AK Quality Enforcement KUSA is NOT at SHOT. Not sure what that means but kind of interesting…..

Zastava has some interesting things inbound including a RPK! While I recognize the usefulness of the rail on the underfolder, it just seems sacrilegious to me. I am really tempted to get an M77 and dress it up like an M76 but I need another 308 DMR like a hole in the head. That RPK though………..

Another look at Zastava

I'm not sure the PSA VUK should be termed as an AK. But it may be offered in AK calibers and run off AK mags.

Kinda cool although also not really. It seems to have been popular with show attendees.

Last edited by Tokarev; 01-30-2024 at 04:10 AM.

Riley has been around for several years. I have no first-hand experience. Supposedly the company used cast bolts and/or trunnions originally. Forged components are now used.

It looks like 2024 will be the year of the Krink. PSA and Riley should both have guns out soon. Chefur Customs and Recreator are selling various Krink parts. Riley plans on selling parts as well. Sureshot Armament Group USA is supposed to have a short Krink chassis in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    So I'm intrigued by these, but I think I'm about to order the standard
    PSAK-47 GF3 FORGED ZHUKOV RIFLE, GRAY

because
    1. it's available and the "enhanced" isn't
    2. it's $240 less expensive
    3. I'm not sure how much I'll really shoot the thing (this is largely a "want" and a "pre-election panic" purchase)

My question is, am I missing anything or buying into any potential issues with the "Zhukov"? Does the furniture actually suck, is the folding stock a pain to use, does the longer handguard add weight for no reason... anything else I might be missing?

Also, what else should I get while I'm getting. Pretty sure I have ammo and mags from the last AK I owned. Any particular "new" mags that I should get while I'm getting? is there a partilcar P-mag that's good/bad? One that's "serious" and one that's "training"?

Attachment 49894
    I went ahead and ordered the above today.

I do think that I might maybe one day want to have the ability to add a suppressor but not bad enough for a $240 premium plus waiting an indeterminate amount of time.

Turns out I maybe don't have any mags, but do have some limited ammo, so I guess I gotta get a good baker's dozen of mags now, at least.
    Picked this up today. Was obviously trying to get in and out ASAP. Looks pretty cool so far. I don't think I realized that the stock was adjustable. Nor did I know that it has that "bolt hold" notch where you can pull it back, ease it forward, and the bolt will stay open until you really rack it or it gets bumped hard. That was something I had completely forgotten about in AKs and didn't realize was a feature of this gun.

It included one mag of unknown pedigree. I'll have to get further into the box later.
    One month shy of 4years after initial order, I finally shot this thing!

Have mentioned that my eyes have apparently deteriorated even more than I previously thought?

Windage was dead nuts (which was a good thing since I didn't have any means of adjusting at the time) and after realizing that the elevation was off and trying to twist the front sight with my leatherman I recalled that you could crush the end of a .223 case and use that so I did.

Ultimately wound up with a decent enough group at 100 yards to call it good for what want the gun to do.

If I had any intention of ever actually shooting the thing with any regularity I'd definitely need to explore optics, but for my purposes I can shoot it ok enough and I'm not terribly interested in spending any more money on it.

I may continue to investigate mag pouch and storage options. Hell, I think I may have bought some sort of mag pouch(Es) 4years ago that I can't find now. I guess I'll read back through the thread to jog my memory as I almost certainly posted about it…

5.56 mags store so beautifully in the fat ammo cans that I've used the cans to hold many multiples of loaded AR mags for ages. Would like to find a more space-efficient means of storing the ten loaded AK mags.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Got my polymer Taco and Tek Lok clip and assembled them. Forgot that blade tech only includes three screws but I’m sure this attachment pattern will be fine. I guess the three are meant to go down the center.

Going to try and play around with it this evening.

Attachment 58101

Attachment 58102

Attachment 58103
    Well there ya go. Apparently I do own pouches..,

Maybe I should go find these and put them in the can with the mags…
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

The first batch of PSA 5.56 "Krinks" are supposed to be listed Friday the 29th.

Well there ya go. Apparently I do own pouches..,

Maybe I should go find these and put them in the can with the mags…
    I have found that Tacos are the best solution to running AK mags (both 762 and 556/545 (unfortunately I missed the 545 boat)) unless you want to go "Full Native" and run a chest rig.

Ain’t going to lie - it’s tempting…..

An apparently decent and relatively inexpensive 5.56 AK

User Tag List