Page 805 of 822 FirstFirst ... 305705755795803804805806807815 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,050 of 8217

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Rockford Files

I got the Rockford Files dvd box set from my wife for Christmas. I was watching an episode titled “Gearjammers” (part two) and Rockford had to chase off some bad guys that were after his Dad, Rocky. Beside the overall early to mid-70s vibe that reminds me of being a kid in the 70s, I love the revolver action that takes place. I noticed last night that Rockford displayed safe gun handling with his colt detective special, keeping his finger off the trigger when not actively engaged with the bad guys. Pretty cool stuff (for 55 y/o me):
    https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...UQMygPegQIARBy

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrrnation! View Post
    I got the Rockford Files dvd box set from my wife for Christmas. I was watching an episode titled “Gearjammers” (part two) and Rockford had to chase off some bad guys that were after his Dad, Rocky. Beside the overall early to mid-70s vibe that reminds me of being a kid in the 70s, I love the revolver action that takes place. I noticed last night that Rockford displayed safe gun handling with his colt detective special, keeping his finger off the trigger when not actively engaged with the bad guys. Pretty cool stuff (for 55 y/o me):
    https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...UQMygPegQIARBy
    I remember watching Rockford, though I can't recall the plots to any but one of them. In this one, Tom Selleck is a guest star, playing a celebrity detective. His name was Lance something. I think he'd written a book and was often featured on true crime shows. Selleck's character wore Hawaiian shirts and drove a convertible. Obviously a nod to Magnum PI.
    I can't remember who played the broke, just starting detective. They were all at a detective convention and the three of them got caught up on the same case. It was comedy gold.
    In one scene they've run out of leads and Rockford sarcastically looks at Selleck and asks, "Well what now Lance?" Lance says, in all seriousness, "Well, we wait for the surprise clue to show up." About that time the broke guy reaches in his pocket and discovers a piece of paper that has the next clue. Rockford starts to say something, then just rolls his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I remember watching Rockford, though I can't recall the plots to any but one of them. In this one, Tom Selleck is a guest star, playing a celebrity detective. His name was Lance something. I think he'd written a book and was often featured on true crime shows. Selleck's character wore Hawaiian shirts and drove a convertible. Obviously a nod to Magnum PI.
    I can't remember who played the broke, just starting detective. They were all at a detective convention and the three of them got caught up on the same case. It was comedy gold.
    In one scene they've run out of leads and Rockford sarcastically looks at Selleck and asks, "Well what now Lance?" Lance says, in all seriousness, "Well, we wait for the surprise clue to show up." About that time the broke guy reaches in his pocket and discovers a piece of paper that has the next clue. Rockford starts to say something, then just rolls his eyes.
    My guess would have been Dennis Dugan as Richie Brockleman, who got a spin-off from Rockford Files as "Richie Brockleman, Private Eye", but I don't think he appeared in a Rockford episode with Selleck.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    My guess would have been Dennis Dugan as Richie Brockleman, who got a spin-off from Rockford Files as "Richie Brockleman, Private Eye", but I don't think he appeared in a Rockford episode with Selleck.
    I looked it up, The episode was "White on White and Nearly Perfect"

Name:  Screen Shot 2024-02-19 at 3.15.13 PM.png
Views: 273
Size:  83.0 KB

Selleck was in two episodes of Rockford Files. The second was "Nice Guys Finish Dead"Selleck still plays detective "Lance White," and that's the one about the convention.

Neither was a "nod" to Magnum PI, as those episodes came out in 1978, and 1979, and Magnum PI didn't start until 1980.

Rockford Files, Magnum PI, and Blue Bloods are all CBS shows.

Selleck has commented that James Garner was a mentor of his. CBS liked Selleck on Rockford and that's how he got the Magnum PI show.

Magnum PI

May as well throw Magnum PI out there too—I have the boxed set and I loved that series as well. The friendship between Magnum, Higgins, T.C. And Rick comes through in spades. Silly at times, but I find shows like Rockford Files and Magnum PI great options for a break from all the gritty realism shows are going for now.
    Name:  IMG_0372.jpeg
Views: 233
Size:  55.1 KB

Mosul on Netflix.

Best war movie I've seen in quite a while. Iraqi cops vs. Isis in the ruins of Mosul. A place where life is complicated, nasty, brutish, and short.

Definitely un-Hollywood, and yes, it's subtitled.

Some of my favorite scenes revolve around the Isis fighters radioing the cops in their Humvee and taunting them. It seems a lot of the fighters on both sides were Mosul natives and knew each other all too well.

Site Supporter
    Went to see One Love in the theater over the weekend...
    I was looking forward to seeing it, Wife came along for the heck of it and then two friends tagged along as well. It started off a bit slow and the accents were a bit tough to follow at times, but, we all really enjoyed it. Even the most skeptical of the group came away feeling like they enjoyed learning about someone they knew of but didn't "know" from childhood. If you enjoy the music and want to learn about Marley's rise to fame and untimely death (not from violence, despite an assassination attempt), it's worth seeing. Solid 8 out of 10 for me.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Watched the Beekeeper with Jason Statham. Ordered it up for far less than the four of us going to the theatre.

It did not disappoint.

Quality High RPM, low IQ entertainment right there.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List