Page 117 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1179

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I believe they said same price as current.

It'll be a great 1x optic. It'll be harder to use at distance with the tight eye box and reduced image quality at 8x. I generally only turn mine up to 6x unless I have a rock solid position and it's a bright sunny day.
    This is the inherent problem with the higher power LPVOs, and I think depending on your use case there are varying degrees of tolerance towards the tight eyebox at the upper end. 1x requires a small objective, and a small objective limits the exit pupil at higher powers. I don't think that can be out-engineered with traditional lens grinding. If the 1-20x optic ever comes about it will be digital imaging. There are enough people praising the Vortex Gen III 1-10 that I think a lot of shooters don't mind a 2.4mm exit pupil at 10x, and with it being FFP you can still run in the middle. This paradox is why I don't think a 1-8 or 1-10 SFP scope makes any sense. I like 10x a lot when shooting past 100 yards so I opted for a Burris XTR3i 3.3-18x50 on my SPR build and gladly put up with a 30oz scope to get a great experience at 10-12x magnification. I still hold the opinion that 1-6 and 1-4 SFP is where LPVOs shine but the market has told me to pound sand.

I will be getting one of these new Primary Arms PLX 1-8x SFP compact scopes as soon as they become available this spring. Maybe it is not quite perfect in some areas but overall it's more than good enough for *me* and my usage and applications. It will be going in either a Badger Ordnance , Zero Gravity , or Reptilia Corp 1.700" height scope mount . I also prefer to run my secondary optic (an Aimpoint ACRO) at a 35 degree offset rather than at the 12 o'clock position.

https://youtu.be/SnnDlyvbCKA?si=vsKfnpE-SbrAOs-3
    Last edited by Biggy; 02-13-2024 at 07:44 PM.

I really wish the new PA scope was dual focal plane. FFP for the etched reticle, and SFP for the fiber dot.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I really wish the new PA scope was dual focal plane. FFP for the etched reticle, and SFP for the fiber dot.
    I would like to see what the reticle looks like above 3x as SFP would be a no go for me.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Delta Stryker 1-10 review:

Thanks for posting that. I sorta knew all that stuff, but I appreciated the explanation from that viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post

$1300. Just over a pound in weight. Daylight bright reticle. Second focal plane.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...r-wire-reticle

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    $1300. Just over a pound in weight. Daylight bright reticle. Second focal plane.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...r-wire-reticle
    I was just looking at that… it’s also an inch shorter than their 1-6 scope. The only trade-off seems to be somewhat reduced eye relief, even at 1x.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I don't like the big circle. It's unnecessary, and would be distracting higher mag when the illumination is bright.

I don't feel like the big circle would bother me as I don't use anything other than 1x or max magnification (where it's not visible) on my current LPVO's.

I am resurrecting this post though with a question for the people. I'm thinking about building a 300BLK rifle with a 13.9" bbl and wondered about the KC-1 reticle. I may be chasing waterfalls here, but I was hoping to use the bottom of the donut for subs on the rare occasion I use them, with the scope zeroed for 110 TTSX at 100 yards. The info on Steiner's site shows the center to the bottom of the donut to be "35" but doesn't say if that's mils or MOA or what. The ballistic charts I have scoured the internet for when it comes to drop between supers and subs is a dizzying array of noise. Some are zeroed at 25, some use 147 ball for the supers, and they use a variety of bbl lengths.

Is this fantasy nonsense or is there some merit in the idea? You won't hurt my feelings as it's mostly a thought experiment and 300BLK is a caliber with which I have very little experience. Thanks!

https://www.steiner-optics.com/riflescopes/t6xi-1-6x24

User Tag List