Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun SCS

Site Supporter
    Anyone else have any SCS experience to share? I'm getting back into the dot game after a year and a half out, and decided to give the SCS a try for the direct mounting, size profile for carry, and potentially improved auto adjust.

Site Supporter
    I've got an SCS on a Gen 5 G19 that has been shot a little (~500 rds) and dry fired a bunch over the last three months. I'm considering going back to it as my primary carry after a few years with some variant of the P365.

I like the SCS for all of the reasons you mention: direct mount, profile for concealment, improved auto adjust. The benefits of direct mount are obvious. One less link in the system, one less part to buy, fewer screws that can work their way loose. The ability to use standard height backup irons is nice as well. I didn't consider that when I purchased, but it was great to reach into the box of parts to replace the stock plastic sights and not have to buy something else. The profile for concealment is great, but I'd argue it's almost too much so. I do think that the optic could be a little taller and still maintain an appropriate profile for concealed carry. I don't find it too small necessarily, but if I were designing my ideal optic I would have a taller window. This is the first optic that I've owned with auto adjust and I was apprehensive about the feature to start. For my purposes, it's been a non-issue and I've never had a scenario where I wished the dot was brighter or dimmer at the time. Most of my dry fire is indoors under artificial light and my live fire is outdoors under typically bright sunlight.

This is also my first optic with a green reticle. It works well with my eyes (astigmatism corrected with contact lenses) and contrasts well against my typical background.

For what its worth I'm looking to get a second identical setup in the near future (SCD and Grip Anchor already in hand).

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Anyone else have any SCS experience to share? I'm getting back into the dot game after a year and a half out, and decided to give the SCS a try for the direct mounting, size profile for carry, and potentially improved auto adjust.
    I’ve got one in a 26 MOS that I carry pretty often at work. My only complaint is the lack of manual adjustment. Other than that, I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I’ve got one in a 26 MOS that I carry pretty often at work. My only complaint is the lack of manual adjustment. Other than that, I like it.

I don't have one yet -- is manual adjustment a theoretical or actual concern?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I don't have one yet -- is manual adjustment a theoretical or actual concern?
    It’s probably not a legit concern. I like to shoot steel at longer distances (100-200 yards), just for fun, and would prefer to turn down the brightness for that.

Site Supporter
    I've got 2x g26mos and 2x g19mos with SCS. The auto-adjust works well for my eyes so far but I haven't put it to the test in all the different lighting conditions that GJM does. The rear of the housing on the EPS sticks out too far in AIWB concealment whereas the SCS doesn't. One of my holosun screw heads popped off with less than 30 round through it so I would get the battlewerx screws.
    Adam

Site Supporter
    Name:  20240123_181457.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  59.6 KB

I really, really like it... except the green is a lot uglier for my astigmatism. In all indoor and flashlight lighting situations I've tried, it's starbursting really bad for me. I always get a bit of streaking but this is much worse than red for me.

Name:  20240123_181457.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  59.6 KB

I really, really like it... except the green is a lot uglier for my astigmatism. In all indoor and flashlight lighting situations I've tried, it's starbursting really bad for me. I always get a bit of streaking but this is much worse than red for me.
    Would own 8 if they came in red

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Would own 8 if they came in red
    It was usable outdoors, about 10 MOA but mostly round. It just runs bright. Didn't cover the black of the B8 at 20y completely and kept the shots in the black. Shot a personal best Bakersfield even though it was my first range trip with a dot in almost 2 years!

I adjusted the lighting in my dryfire area to make it usable. I really like it actually. Red is better for my astigmatism, but the green is really really bright to my eyes.

It was usable outdoors, about 10 MOA but mostly round. It just runs bright. Didn't cover the black of the B8 at 20y completely and kept the shots in the black. Shot a personal best Bakersfield even though it was my first range trip with a dot in almost 2 years!

I adjusted the lighting in my dryfire area to make it usable. I really like it actually. Red is better for my astigmatism, but the green is really really bright to my eyes.
    Nice! Green is weird for my eyes really bright unless it is directly into light (say a headlight) then completely washes out

User Tag List