Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: H9 is back on the menu!

H9 is back on the menu!

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I really like how they brought the trigger itself up into the frame more than the original. It looks like a very thoughtful redesign of the concept. I'd love to shoot one. I'd need a manual safety on it to consider using it, but it looks like a big leap in the right direction.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I'd love to shoot one. I'd need a manual safety on it to consider using it
    That was my thought too. That trigger travel looked pretty short in the video. I'm not gonna carry that thing without a manual safety.

I know a guy with an original H9 and I remember it feeling very soft to shoot. I'm very intrested to see how this pans out.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Recovering Revolverist Totem Polar's Avatar
    Oh man, here we go…
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Civility is not a tactic or a sentiment. It is the determined choice of trust over cynicism, of community over chaos.
    -George W. Bush

Thumb safety or bust. That was the appeal of the original H9 - a 1911-esque thumb safety + grip frame.

Curious, is Daniel Defense going to honor Hudson's warranty claims and replace the first buyers broken guns?

___

Again, something that makes me torn - I want the H9 to be back and on the market, made by a better and more reliable manufacturer. Simultaneously, the first one was such a disaster and it's clear Hudson and his wife were scam artists - that I am irritated at the fact that this design didn't die. Instead they managed to abscond with a bunch of money and then sell the H9 IP and more or less get away with theft.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Thumb safety or bust. That was the appeal of the original H9 - a 1911-esque thumb safety + grip frame.

Curious, is Daniel Defense going to honor Hudson's warranty claims and replace the first buyers broken guns?

___

Again, something that makes me torn - I want the H9 to be back and on the market, made by a better and more reliable manufacturer. Simultaneously, the first one was such a disaster and it's clear Hudson and his wife were scam artists - that I am irritated at the fact that this design didn't die. Instead they managed to abscond with a bunch of money and then sell the H9 IP and more or less get away with theft.

I don't see why they would. Daniel Defense redesigned a lot of.the gun

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    I don't see why they would. Daniel Defense redesigned a lot of.the gun
    Why they would - is to right the wrong of Cy Hudson.

I acknowledge that it would not make good business sense on DD's part. Nor would I blame them for not doing it or hold it against them for not doing it. But if they chose to do it - I think it would be a good way to demonstrate their dedication. On a separate but related note - if I were DD one reason to do it is to buy up all the inferior H9s you can to turn them into scrap - so that those piles of excrement simply no longer exist.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    The H9s never came with a thumb safety from the factory. Thumb safety kits were promised, and I believe eventually were on the market, but I never recalled the primary appeal of the H9 having to do anything with the idea that it could support a thumb safety, at least when it was all over P&S.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    If the new DD H9 has so little parts commonality with the Hudson version I don't see how they could support it.
    3/15/2016

Recovering Revolverist Totem Polar's Avatar
    Hell, S&W doesn’t even support parts incompatible guns that they made, and are still ostensibly in the line up.

Best DD can do is some hat/t-shirt swag and a 15% off coupon against a new one with trade in, if that. JMO.
    Civility is not a tactic or a sentiment. It is the determined choice of trust over cynicism, of community over chaos.
    -George W. Bush

User Tag List