Page 650 of 684 FirstFirst ... 150550600640648649650651652660 ... LastLast
Results 6,491 to 6,500 of 6837

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

I got an email from a SoCal gun shop advertising the MOD2 for $1800. They had 3 available but they were at their TX location.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    I got an email from a SoCal gun shop advertising the MOD2 for $1800. They had 3 available but they were at their TX location.
    And?

Prices are going up. I paid $1300 for mine 2 years ago.

$1,700 at Palmetto State (and a few other places)

https://palmettostatearmory.com/bere...131m2tt18.html
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Prices are going up. I paid $1300 for mine 2 years ago.
    I dunno what's going on with Italy, but a bottle of olive oil from Trader Joe's went from $6.99 to $10.99 over the past month. I bought my 1301 Comp new for $900 and the 1301 Tactical (with short mag tube) at the time was $1100.

Don’t know if it’s inflation, demand, or the fact that they upgraded the handguard, trigger, and shell lifter that caused the price increase?!?

Either way, I’m hoping the new handguards will be available soon…. I’ve already looked around and haven’t found it online. But the regular handguard sells for $130-$200.

Mod 2

New stock and hand guard, pro lifter, flatter trigger, kick recoil reducer compatible, higher price

Last edited by GJM; 01-14-2024 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Spell better
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I was also interested to learn in the video that James from TFB discovered the 1301 a few years ago. Kind of thought PF discovered the 1301.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I was also interested to learn in the video that James from TFB discovered the 1301 a few years ago. Kind of thought PF discovered the 1301.
    He was trying to get a Benelli M4 but could not find one anywhere. He contacted Beretta and they told him they did not have any stock but they could send him a 1301. He got the 1301 and loved it.

ETA - I just started watching the video and he says all that. LOL
    Last edited by EzGoingKev; 01-14-2024 at 11:53 AM.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Don’t know if it’s inflation, demand, or the fact that they upgraded the handguard, trigger, and shell lifter that caused the price increase?!?
    It's geopolitics and economics, at least in large part.

European manufacturing requires power. A great deal of that power was being generated by hydrocarbons sold by...Russia. That's rather off the table now. I don't expect we will ever see the cheap Russian gas and oil sales that Europe kind of got used to prior to the kickoff of the Ukranian crisis. There has been a lot of hand wringing about the future of European manufacturing in general given that their governments are hostile to generating power by any of the reliable fuel sources. Gas, coal, oil, and nuclear are completely out of the question for almost all European governments. (Not that they all have exploitable coal gas or oil inside their borders anyway) Nuclear would be an obvious solution but the greenie types blow a gasket at even the mention, it will take a very long time to bring new nuclear power generation online, and frankly there just aren't that many people in the world who are even capable of safely running a nuclear reactor in the first place. It's a problem here in the states, too. Nuclear power done correctly is great, but it is not immune to the growing competency crisis that's growing throughout Western Civilization. I don't expect the issue to be resolved in time to make manufacture of 1301's cheaper anytime soon.

Then there's the significant inflation that we've seen in the United States (the numbers we're quoted in the press are laughably rosy) which is also happening in Europe. Italy has had almost double digit inflation in the last few years.

The price of all the inputs has gone up. The value of all the currencies involved have gone down. The 1301 is made in Italy so all those factors are going to play into pricing.

On top of that, I'm sure Beretta is making a little more money on each unit sold because the only real competition to the 1301 is the Benelli M4, which is still significantly more expensive than the newly expensive 1301. I don't know the exact percentage breakdown that each of those factors play in the price we're looking at, but I'd wager the Russian misadventures and inflation make up the largest portion of that pie.

Either way, I’m hoping the new handguards will be available soon…. I’ve already looked around and haven’t found it online. But the regular handguard sells for $130-$200.
    I'd expect it to be a while before they are available for purchase. I'd expect production of complete guns to be the priority for the forends being manufactured. The A300UP is selling well and it looks like Beretta is pushing the Mo2 1301 pretty hard. When I visited HQ in December they had racks upon racks of them being readied for shipping with the idea of getting them in the hands of distributors ASAP. A couple of weeks later it leaked online and, well, here we are.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 01-14-2024 at 06:49 PM.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List