Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Arnburg out as A3?!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ECK View Post
    What is different about 2024 vs before is the numbers. I’ll explain it again.

In the past we’ve only been able to vote in onesies and twosomes. Never before did we have an opportunity to vote in FOUR new members in one year. Now we do with A1, A2, A3, and A5.

Think about it. 4 new Board members, plus the Prez and A6 & A8. That’s a super majority, and I’ll bet A4 and A7 won’t continue to be the hold outs.

But you won’t be part of any of that since you’re letting your membership lapse or GAF since you’re stepping away, which is what I suggested you do since all this has you so worked up.

Good dog, you get a biscuit.
    Prez and A8 Rus Fortney are siding with the incumbents.

You don't get to count your elections before they vote.

Board will remove directors and president as they please to get what they want.

But keep voting your way out of it.

I'm not stepping away, I will continue to RO and staff for matches that aren't USPSA. See how that works?

Quote Originally Posted by Spart View Post
    Prez and A8 Rus Fortney are siding with the incumbents.

You don't get to count your elections before they vote.

Board will remove directors and president as they please to get what they want.

But keep voting your way out of it.

I'm not stepping away, I will continue to RO and staff for matches that aren't USPSA. See how that works?
    Yep, I do. You’re quitting USPSA which is what I suggested you do.

I have no suggestions for you. Do whatever you want.

I hope you can find matches to shut up and shoot at.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Guys, both of you care about USPSA but have different approaches. That’s ok.
    They do. And a compelling question is - Why are two dedicated members, passionate about the sport, at odds with one another? A sign of something that is unhealthy is division and infighting among passionate people.

___

I've made my position very clear. I do not buy the narrative that PSI/Stoeger/etc want to destroy USPSA for vendetta reasons or otherwise. But I maybe haven't made it clear why I don't buy that narrative.

It's pretty simple, actually, the facts pretty much speak for themselves. The BOD has consistently made motions/rulings that are in direct violation of their own bylaws, they have shown complete incompetence in managing the organization they were elected to manage (through things like - failing to file their own corporate paperwork for multiple years). The financial obfuscation, combative tone-deaf comments, churlish behavior to people with 'dissenting' opinions, banning people without stating cause, opening the organization up to lawsuits, failure to disclose conflicts of interest, the list goes on...

I cannot look at that preponderance of evidence and conclude, "Stoeger and PSI have made it all up! They are trying to ruin the organization." - No, I look at that preponderance of evidence and conclude, "Some members of the Board of Directors are actively engaging in malfeasance and financial impropriety."

Folks have uncovered the evidence and skeletons and are exposing it - are those same folks effectively using narrative, social media, and deliberately presenting aspects of various things in order to enhance the negativity? Abso-fucking-lutely they are. Are those folks motives purely honest and good? Probably not.

But that does not that change the fact that there are facts you can look up yourself and that you can follow a trail of evidence presented by people NOT Stoeger and PSI and see that things are truly fucked up.

As it is, I came to the conclusion quite a while ago, that the USPSA is basically a mini NRA with less money and less people examining it under a microscope. I'll say it: if proof eventually comes out that exonerates existing and legacy board members and employees of financial impropriety, I'll eat my hat.

The board is capricious, unbeholden to the membership, and on the path to destroy the war chest that USPSA built up over many years and leave it in financial ruin.

What more needs to be said?

In tonight's board meeting A7D, Frank Rizzi, was removed from the board. Reason: Three continuous years of membership is required to be a board member, A7D's membership was lapsed for five days before being renewed.

I remind you this is same board that passed a motion to extend A4D Mel Rodero a 6-month grace period to obtain his required RO certification last year. RO Certification is required to be a board member. Rodero was elected in September/October '22, he had multiple opportunities to get his RO Certification before January 1, 2023. He finally became certified as an RO in May of '23.

I hate to repeat myself, but: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1540900

I'm glad I decided not to get a lifetime membership, before the price change. Worries over nonsense like.this are why I chose not to do it.

My club took a survey recently, asking if we wanted to do "hit factor" matches, and stop.sending money to HQ, or if we wanted to keep doing USPSA, and keep.paying the fees. I chose the latter, when I sent my response. However, I will be emailing the officers of the club, and asking to change my response to the former, and recommending we either run "hit factor," with USPSA rules, or.switch to PCSL.

As RevolverRob pointed out, after giving the A4 a break, that the bylaws do not allow, and then rigidly enforcing the "3 continuous years " rule on A7, this is clearly the legacy members of the BOD trying to oust their perceived "enemies."

At this point the members should starve them of funds, either into submission, or to death. I would prefer the former, over the latter, but either way this nonsense needs to end.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    In tonight's board meeting A7D, Frank Rizzi, was removed from the board. Reason: Three continuous years of membership is required to be a board member, A7D's membership was lapsed for five days before being renewed.
    6.2 in the bylaws requires that board members be Life members. So the lapse was before he became a board member?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

I remind you this is same board that passed a motion to extend A4D Mel Rodero a 6-month grace period to obtain his required RO certification last year. RO Certification is required to be a board member. Rodero was elected in September/October '22, he had multiple opportunities to get his RO Certification before January 1, 2023. He finally became certified as an RO in May of '23.
    That is fucking disgusting.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Name:  IMG_4084.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  35.5 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List