Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hellcat RDP

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Chop an x Maceo grip to xl length
    This. Or wrap an XL frame with hockey/goon tape to get the desired thickness? 🤷
    **OK**

Site Supporter
    Does anyone have a Hellcat Pro 15 rnd mag to compare with the Sig Macro mags?

Site Supporter
    A shield.plus shoots close to a glock 26 imo

Personally not really a fan of compensator on a self defense gun
    I’m ambivalent about comps on g19 sized guns, but I think they’ve been around long enough to show that they can provide benefit while being reliable, if done correctly. What I’m most curious about here is whether or not the RDP comp is done correctly. Pannone has had good luck with his, but that’s one guy and two samples.

A 4 inch shield plus is a very compelling option though.

I've got an RDP

I picked it up used from a friend at a ridiculously low price. I wanted a pistol a bit smaller than my G19 Gen4 to carry. I've only got about 600 rounds through it so far in the vetting process. It's also my first time using a pistol optic. It's got the Wasp red dot installed from the factory.

For the Pistol Forum crowd I'm still considered a novice shooter so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

My experience so far:
    - It's been 100% reliable.
    - These little guns are snappier than the compacts like the 19.
    - It appears that it shoots flatter when I run it with the comp installed. This has been my subjective opinion and the opinion of a couple of others who shot it.
    - When I do my part, it's way more accurate than expected.
    - I installed a Hogue Beavertail slip on grip to add a bit of a palm swell to the grip and make it more comfortable to shoot without adding much bulk. I like it.
    - I like it way more than I thought I would. I'll probably keep it and continue to vet it and learn to shoot it better. I think it has the potential to become my edc.

Site Supporter
    Chop an x Maceo grip to xl length
    Why do this when you can just swap grips ?

It’s literally a modular gun

Plus the way the back straps secure to the grip (with a pin near the bottom of the grip) makes it problematic.

Name:  IMG_4391.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  28.8 KB

Plus, as noted below the standard X-Macro has accuracy issues attributable to the integral comp.

Or just buy an XL.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-04-2024 at 09:34 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    I’ve shot the standard Hellcat and the RDP. I honestly didn’t care for either one. I just didn’t shoot them as well as I do other guns. They do look and feel good.
    If you must have a smaller gun, check out the Sig X-Macro.
    As much as I love the 365 series, the standard Macro’s with the porting have accuracy issues. @GJM and others here have experienced the same.

The tac ops version without the porting and P365 XL’s with grip swaps to the macro grip, do not exhibit the same issues.

Plus, until the Echelon came out, the Hellcat was probably the best polymer gun S.A. offered.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    As much as I love the 365 series, the standard Macro’s with the porting have accuracy issues. @GJM and others here have experienced the same.

The tac ops version without the porting and P365 XL’s with grip swaps to the macro grip, do not exhibit the same issues.

Plus, until the Echelon came out, the Hellcat was probably the best polymer gun S.A. offered.
    Weird. I have never heard about these accuracy issues. I’ve only fired 100 rounds through mine. No issues and I actually shot it pretty well. I guess I will have to shoot it some more.
    **OK**

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Why do this when you can just swap grips ?

It’s literally a modular gun

Plus the way the back straps secure to the grip (with a pin near the bottom of the grip) makes it problematic.

Name:  IMG_4391.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  28.8 KB

Plus, as noted below the standard X-Macro has accuracy issues attributable to the integral comp.

Or just buy an XL.
    understand your point; I chose to get another module as well. That said, when you use a 12 rnd XL mag to grip chop a Macro down to XL length, the cut line is below the pin so the only difficulty is that you have to cut the back strap too.

A Macro lower/XL slide upper, is a great shooting pistol that shoots like a G19, but conceals easier than a 19 for me, because of how thin it is. I think this combo is far and away the best Sig polymer pistol.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    Weird. I have never heard about these accuracy issues. I’ve only fired 100 rounds through mine. No issues and I actually shot it pretty well. I guess I will have to shoot it some more.
    I’ve seen the same issue in three of them, including the one I used to own. There would be two distinct groups a few inches apart, sometimes with a single flyer.

It’s been discussed here on PF and @GJM and others have seen the same issues.

Like the Gen 1 M&P 9mm it starts to be very noticeable at about 15 yards.

User Tag List