Page 112 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1167

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

Here are more current and better pics that show my LPVO mounting location. I changed my offset red dot to a Holosun 508T and changed the Badger J-Arm to the 35 degree 1.7 height, which is a perfect match with the Razor's low profile turrets and allows it to clear the light. This optics package migrated from a 16" BCM that is about to become a MPVO/offset dot SPR build to this 14.5" pin/weld Faxon Gunner profile barrel. It handles like a lightweight rifle now and I have no reservations about the weight of the scope package. Bottom rifle is a 15-22 trainer that is getting an offset dot soon. The bottom scope is an Athlon Talos BTR Gen2 1-4x24 with a mil reticle that works out perfect for .22lr drops with a 75y zero. Athlon scopes have to be the king of punching above their weight class.
    Last edited by stomridertx; 11-21-2023 at 01:55 PM.

Site Supporter
    Thought I would add. Living in NYS and waiting for Bruen to set us free. Two options:

Name:  LVPO.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  24.1 KB

Oh, the real setup:

Name:  Ruger Mini.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  65.1 KB
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    What’s the next best app to figure out holdovers now that Strelok is no longer available on the App Store since the creator was sanctioned early this year?
    I’ve had really good results with the Hornady ap

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    If I was running an MPVO or a prism, I think I'd prefer the 12 o'clock but I haven't ventured into that area just yet.
    Not really relevant to this thread but to stretch the topic, I am working on a piggyback setup for this rifle, primarily for shooting at prairie dogs. My routine is to glass around with binoculars to find some of the little buggers popped up out of their hole, then get back behind the gun prone, and reacquiring that particular brown mound, in a vast field of hundreds, perhaps a thousand brown mounds, is a bit of the trick. Not sure I ever expect to use the RDO to fire a shot (the thing is really not an offhand kinda rig...), but I expect it to help a great deal for getting on target. In this case lifting my head will be more desirable than tilting the rifle on the bipod.

Name:  MMc PD.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  100.0 KB

Eurooptic has a big sale going on the 1-10 Vudu $1,299

https://www.eurooptic.com/EOTech-Vud...1-10FFSR5.aspx
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I have yet to have a chance to look through a Vortex Razor 1-6. The only Vortex I have tried was a 4-14x50 (I think) PST hunting scope. It was sub-par, and was sent back for repair. Then sold at a discount with full dis-closure.

Is the Razor 1-6 line that much better/higher quality? What reticles are preferred? What is the difference between the JM reticle & the BDC reticle?

Thanks

- Chris

The Razor line is built in Japan at LOW to a pretty good standard. They have other lines built in China to who knows what. One shop I deal with quit carrying Vortex products because most of his customers wouldn’t spring for the Razor line and the warranty rate on the cheaper scopes took up way too much of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post
    I have yet to have a chance to look through a Vortex Razor 1-6. The only Vortex I have tried was a 4-14x50 (I think) PST hunting scope. It was sub-par, and was sent back for repair. Then sold at a discount with full dis-closure.

Is the Razor 1-6 line that much better/higher quality? What reticles are preferred? What is the difference between the JM reticle & the BDC reticle?

Thanks

- Chris
    The JM-1 is a BDC reticle

The Vortex Razor series is the top of the line for Vortex. It is a better product than the PST line, which is the next step down. That said, the PST II is a much improved product over the original PST.

The biggest complaint that I have heard about the 1-6x Razor is the weight at 25 oz. In comparison, I am running a 1-8.5x Bushnell SMRS with 2.5x more power and 2 oz less weight, and the newer Primary Arms 1-8x Plx Compact is 17 oz.
    Last edited by SecondsCount; 12-29-2023 at 08:38 AM.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    The JM-1 is a BDC reticle

The Vortex Razor series is the top of the line for Vortex. It is a better product than the PST line, which is the next step down. That said, the PST II is a much improved product over the original PST.

The biggest complaint that I have heard about the 1-6x Razor is the weight at 25 oz. In comparison, I am running a 1-8.5x Bushnell SMRS with 2.5x more power and 2 oz less weight, and the newer Primary Arms 1-8x Plx Compact is 17 oz.
    The original Razor Gen II 1-6 weighed 25oz. The Gen II-E weighs 21.5oz. Still a bit of a pig compared to something like a NX8 or a PLx compact but almost a quarter pound lighter than the original.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List