Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Nobody wants a 40 anymore

Site Supporter
    The IDPA equipment survey indicated only 0.8% 40 and 10 mm usage, World Championship.

Also, Glocks were the modal EDC and 85.7 % had carry permits. In another thread, someone mentioned that he thought many competitors didn't carry. Don't know if that was a different 'game'.

I once asked if USPSA did an EDC survey, and a 'gamer' here had a massive shit fit about the question.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    ...85.7 % had carry permits...
    How many permit holders carry a gun with any regularity, much less all the time? If my area is any indication, a small minority.

Site Supporter
    The TX CHL instructors organization did a survey quite a few years ago. They found that 85% or so didn't carry. They just wanted to have a legal car or truck gun (useless for most SD but very Texan in outlet). Just like all those folks driving trucks who had no need for one.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

I do occasionally see fishing shirt bulges up at H-E-B, but it’s not often. Most people can’t carry completely discretely so I figure I catch a fair number of them. Even at the gun stores I rarely see people carrying.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

At one of the NRA shows Rosco and I were chatting with Hackathorn and he expressed frustration with people deriding him for carrying a 1911 while he specuated they had a G42 out in the console of their car. Maybe...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    At one of the NRA shows Rosco and I were chatting with Hackathorn and he expressed frustration with people deriding him for carrying a 1911 while he specuated they had a G42 out in the console of their car. Maybe...

So true!
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post

That reminds me of the old saying…”People talk .45, shoot 9mm, & carry a .38.”

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    the last time I saw sub $500 prices for a NIB HK LEM pistol of any sort was like never that I can remember, not even CDNN. .
    3 weeks later and they still have not sold out. I am not at all surprised when police trade .40 Glocks or Sigs linger for months or a year, or perhaps longer, but I figured they would move them all over the Thanksgiving holiday plus the week after just cause "HK" nib and legions of fans for the brand, and PSA is not some obscure site, but not so. So while many of us agree it is not completely dead as a useful cartridge, really truly dead in the market is reinforced to me not only for the fire sale but how it lingers.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    3 weeks later and they still have not sold out. I am not at all surprised when police trade .40 Glocks or Sigs linger for months or a year, or perhaps longer, but I figured they would move them all over the Thanksgiving holiday plus the week after just cause "HK" nib and legions of fans for the brand, and PSA is not some obscure site, but not so. So while many of us agree it is not completely dead as a useful cartridge, really truly dead in the market is reinforced to me not only for the fire sale but how it lingers.
    Linger or not, I'm very happy with the .40 P2000 I bought on the PSA fire sale. It shoots great and carries very discretely in my HK P30's JM 2.5 AIWB holster. It's hard to beat a NIB HK P2000 for $500
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I’m not having much luck with them. I joined as a member, uploaded my CT docs (pistol permit & DL), but the site won’t let me order. Ah, well. Got enough other crap to worry about to rather than fight with a vendor that won’t take my money.
    I worked directly with Lenore (?) there; I called, left a voicemail, and she quickly called me back and took the steps needed that I'd have the ammunition in time for my upcoming match.

They're pretty responsive to voicemail if they don't immediately pick up when you call.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

User Tag List