Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: EDC Fixed Blades: What and how do you carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    Good thing you have that stopping you. For me, this thread is getting me thinking I need to buy another Clinch Pick after selling mine a couple years ago. That or get into something else in the sub-$200 range that's more defense-oriented than the Izula.
    Can you carry double edged in your location?
    The most powerful and harmful influence Trump has had on our politics…has been the effect on his opponents. They have been triggered into an orgy of self-mutilation—eager to amputate their own history and disfigure their own political traditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    That’s ghetto AF. I like it.
    Someday, I'll get a fancy schmancy one. But until then, ghetto wrapped and strapped is my game.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Someday, I'll get a fancy schmancy one. But until then, ghetto wrapped and strapped is my game.
    I think it looks great. Toxic green cord wrap would be, like, $300 more….

The most powerful and harmful influence Trump has had on our politics…has been the effect on his opponents. They have been triggered into an orgy of self-mutilation—eager to amputate their own history and disfigure their own political traditions.

Can you carry double edged in your location?
    I can here in Iowa, though I haven't owned one yet. They meet the "dangerous weapon" definition under our weapons laws, but that just means they're covered by the same carry permit/constitutional carry provisions as my handgun. As far as I know, the only bladed weapon that's illegal here is a ballistic knife. Specific others (daggers, stilettos, knives over 5", switchblades, some others) are "dangerous weapons" subject to the same carry regulation as firearms, and the rest are unregulated.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    I can here in Iowa, though I haven't owned one yet. They meet the "dangerous weapon" definition under our weapons laws, but that just means they're covered by the same carry permit/constitutional carry provisions as my handgun. As far as I know, the only bladed weapon that's illegal here is a ballistic knife. Specific others (daggers, stilettos, knives over 5", switchblades, some others) are "dangerous weapons" subject to the same carry regulation as firearms, and the rest are unregulated.
    That’s about the way it should be. Cool. In that case, check out the DE clinch pick from shivworks,
    https://shivworkspg.com/product/http...k-double-edge/

Or for a random card, there might be this as well:
    https://lhbladeworks.com/product/pikal/

I’ll know how these knives look in about a week, since I just ordered one…

But that double edged CP is the shizzle. JMO.

That’s about the way it should be. Cool. In that case, check out the DE clinch pick from shivworks,
    https://shivworkspg.com/product/http...k-double-edge/
    I had totally missed that this was a thing and now I very much want one. One of the things that allowed me to talk myself into selling my CP was that the reverse edge only design made it less useful as a utility knife (I'd use any other available blade first before a defensive knife, but if it's what I have and something needs cutting...). This fixes that and I'd still have my Izula for travel to states that don't let people have nice things. Tempting.

Also yeah, total thread drift but I love our weapons laws. We have constitutional carry now, but still issue the same permits as before. The permit isn't firearms specific - it's a "Permit to Carry Weapons," and covers everything the Code defines as a "dangerous weapon" (guns plus certain knives plus anything else that kills or maims when used "as designed"). The only things we can't have are "offensive weapons," which used to include most NFA items but is now mostly just MGs and explosives (and ballistic knives) since we legalized suppressors and short long guns. We've had a decade plus of our gun laws consistently moving towards the (traditional definition of) liberal. A while ago we literally had something called the "Gun Omnibus Bill" that removed a bunch of restrictions all at once.

Site Supporter
    Regarding utility use of a Clinch Pick, consider cutting a seat belt or cutting away anything getting in the way of giving first aid to someone. The blade configuration is perfect, and the reverse edge puts the hand in a very comfortable position for that task.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

BFDeal15 is the Shivworks Product Group code for 15% off on Black Friday.

Just sayin'.. @Elwin

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    BFDeal15 is the Shivworks Product Group code for 15% off on Black Friday.

Just sayin'.. @Elwin
    LoL, I just tagged @Elwin in the BF thread, off of a Guerrero quote that quoted you.

LoL, I just tagged @Elwin in the BF thread, off of a Guerrero quote that quoted you.
    That should cause an internet singularity or something.
    I'm a "7" compared to most gun-guys, which means I'm a "3" on P-F.

User Tag List