Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: AR for use with suppressor

Site Supporter
    Well, here we go. I just placed an order for a Colt CR6960 mid-length carbine.

Next I will get some sights and maybe a RDS ordered.

Time to dig out my trust and see about having another can added to it. It will probably be a Turbo K-RB or a Turbo T3 with sRx mounting system. If I go K-RB I might stick with the Phantom QD system.

Might as well get an order going for the H2 buffer, spring, etc... while I'm at it.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread so far -- I appreciate all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post

Time to dig out my trust and see about having another can added to it. It will probably be a Turbo K-RB or a Turbo T3 with sRx mounting system. If I go K-RB I might stick with the Phantom QD system.

Might as well get an order going for the H2 buffer, spring, etc... while I'm at it.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread so far -- I appreciate all the help.
    Woot!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I would also order a BRT gas tube. If the 6960 has a slightly smaller gas port than other makers, it means the larger gas ports are too big. Colt knows what it's doing.

Congrats! You've taken the first step towards new learning.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I would also order a BRT gas tube. If the 6960 has a slightly smaller gas port than other makers, it means the larger gas ports are too big. Colt knows what it's doing.
    I will definitely start looking at that option seriously. I've got some time before I'll need it.

If I only had one lower, I’d seriously consider just buying a dedicated upper for unsuppressed.

I would rather just tune the whole upper and swap en bloc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    If I only had one lower, I’d seriously consider just buying a dedicated upper for unsuppressed.

I'm going to set this gun up as a dedicated suppressor host. If I ever decide I want to shoot unsuppressed I will seriously consider just getting a second upper. On the other hand, lowers aren't really the expensive piece so I would guess some people just build two complete rifles.

I'm going to set this gun up as a dedicated suppressor host. If I ever decide I want to shoot unsuppressed I will seriously consider just getting a second upper. On the other hand, lowers aren't really the expensive piece so I would guess some people just build two complete rifles.
    Depends… can get fancy with stocks and triggers, etc. It all depends on your use patterns.

My 11.5” suppressed is my favorite… so it lives on an SBR lower.

So swapping uppers on a dedicated SBR lower with the stock and trigger and tax stamp…

Site Supporter
    Interestingly enough, this popped up on the feed today:

@MistWolf what do you think of the Sionics uppers which are build specifically for supressors? Good to go?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post

I’m seriously thinking about trying this. I have an unfired PSA 10.5” I picked up from another member, I can tweak it to run always suppressed. But I would like to see if my other shorties can be made to run both ways.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List