Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: **HACKED ACCOUNTS, READ ME!**

My wife must've hacked the account.

Curses!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Woohoo! I'm gonna shitpost all night and tomorrow morning apologize to everyone I offended and claim I was hacked.
    Yeah, the notorious hacker Bud Weiser has got into my account a couple times too.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    JEEBUZ,.. that’s a LOT of Dicks!! (…I feel dirty somehow!) 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Man, I almost got hit with a scam that advertised itself as the US postal service....freakiest thing was that when I clicked the link, the website looked very much like the USPS website.

These scams are becoming more and more sophisticated and while I'm not much of a boomer, it was surprising how close I came to being had.

Careful out there folks.
    Never click the link. Always go to the website directly through your browser of choice.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

This isn't a PF-specific thing, folks. Another reason why Buy/Sell/Trade is limited to Site Supporters only.
    #RESIST

These whole hack things drive me nuts. You don't know who to trust online nowadays. Read recently about the CloAk ransomware and for me, it seems like batsh*t crazier than hacked accounts.

My sister got hacked, and the scammers managed to scam her for a substantial amount of money from her. It was shocking. We had to go through countless steps to secure her account and report the incident to the authorities. It taught us how vulnerable our online presence can be.

So take care, guys.

Scammers/hackers are scum...

Use strong passwords. 16 characters or more. Passphrases are best. Use 5 –7 random words. Ass complexity ( upper, lower case letters, numbers, symbols)

Don't use the same password for different sites

Don't click on suspicious links and or enter any information (and if you do and realize your error -- simply change your password immediately)

If a site offers two factor authentication, use it

Hope you hunt them down and terminate them from the site.

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    Scammers/hackers are scum...

Use strong passwords. 16 characters or more. Passphrases are best. Use 5-7 random words. Ass complexity ( upper, lower case letters, numbers, symbols)

Don't use the same password for different sites

Don't click on suspicious links and or enter any information (and if you do and realize your error -- simply change your password immediately)

If a site offers two factor authentication, use it

Hope you hunt them down and terminate them from the site.
    Even better, get a good password manager and generate passwords that are ~40-80+ characters. Use math to your advantage so it's mathematically impossible for a hacker to run something as simple as a dictionary attack and be successful. Honestly, for most passwords for things like forum accounts, there's almost no reason people should be creating their own password vs. generating one.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Even better, get a good password manager and generate passwords that are ~40-80+ characters. Use math to your advantage so it's mathematically impossible for a hacker to run something as simple as a dictionary attack and be successful. Honestly, for most passwords for things like forum accounts, there's almost no reason people should be creating their own password vs. generating one.
    It took me a few months to fully transition to using a password manager.... several hours up front, then onesy twosey over time.... Now it's the occasional annoyance about the app needing authentication exactly when I need to use it for something time sensitive...

I won't BS you and say it isn't a bit of a hassle sometimes, but, I do worry less about my passwords getting cracked or sold on the dark web. I don't think I have any passwords remaining that are less than 12 characters and none that are used in more than 1 place.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Make sure you research your password managers. I don't like cloud based ones. Last Pass was breached in 2022 through an employee account and passwords were obtained, then they go right into the dictionary crackers for all hackers to use.

User Tag List