Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 42 Reliability

Quote Originally Posted by Dov View Post
    Seen couple mentions of bigger than Factory flush 6 round mags, are there any Glock 8 or 10 rounders for the G42?

Or are they factory 6 rounders with aftermarket floorplate extensions?
    Extensions, ETS mags and ProMags hahaha.

Name:  IMG_4435.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  72.3 KB

I do have Magguts in the Glock mag extensions and they’ve been good in my limited use.

I did find my back plate so will be testing the DPP Micro today to see if the slide will run with the added weight.

Testing today

Name:  IMG_4439.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  19.5 KB

Name:  IMG_4438.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  15.8 KB

I’ve tested this sight before on a 45ACP Shield and I think they work like “augmented irons” which I like.

Low profile and don’t overhang.

If it barfs then no point in pursuing an optics cut.

It’s pretty narrow footprint and matches slide nicely.

Name:  IMG_4440.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  42.0 KB
    Last edited by JCN; 09-27-2023 at 09:33 AM.

Impressions are that the slide has enough margin for the weight. I think a traditional small optic would work without malfunctioning.

I used two types of wimpy ammo. Gun is stock except for sights and optics.

No malfunctions.

DPP at distance works pretty much like a traditional red dot. I don’t notice the window size limitations at distance.

Close up it’s ghost ring.

Medium range and fast speed is where it would give way to a large window dot but I don’t think give up much if anything to irons.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Extensions, ETS mags and ProMags hahaha.
    How do the Pro Mags run? I use ETS mags with good results, and the only Pro Mag I have uses that work was the G44 ones. Up until now, only tried the Pro Mag double stacks. But I figured it’s hard to mess up a single stack mag in 2023.

Jerry
    Professionally Trained Service Dog. Not dogs with issues! LOL unless you are talking about my mutts.

Quote Originally Posted by PTSDog View Post
    How do the Pro Mags run? I use ETS mags with good results, and the only Pro Mag I have uses that work was the G44 ones. Up until now, only tried the Pro Mag double stacks. But I figured it’s hard to mess up a single stack mag in 2023.

Jerry
    They run well for me but I don’t have a lot of round counts with them.

Usually if something doesn’t work, I don’t just whine about it or summarily dismiss it. I usually open it up and removing any molding / flashing remnants, polish the inside of the mag bodies and look at the follower / spring to see if there’s any obvious hang ups/wear and relieve that area (or switch it for a known good one).

But like you said, it’s simpler for a single stack. The followers tend to be flat rather than complex. They are with the Magguts which work well.

@JCN

I find a good “fluff and buff” with the followers solve a lot of problems as well, especially with the ETS mags (which I use almost exclusively for range and dry firing/laser training).

I have use Advantage Weapon Part’s followers and have gotten great results with them. They do require a cleanup around the edges, but they have worked for me and my G43 and G42 and a Shield.

I use the Magguts as well. Have had excellent with them in most single stacks. In 03 G42 mags, no problems in the last two years. Their followers are well made.

Be safe,
    Jerry
    Professionally Trained Service Dog. Not dogs with issues! LOL unless you are talking about my mutts.

So after buying the G42 for my wife and taking her out to shoot it, it's a no-go for her.
    She struggled to figure out how to grip it, and that's with a Hogue sleeve that I added to it. Her thumbs kept riding the slide and that kept causing it to choke. That's no good for her.
    So she tried one of my Gen3 G19's and loved that one. And shot it well, without issue.
    So now she has a Gen5 G19 on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    So after buying the G42 for my wife and taking her out to shoot it, it's a no-go for her.
    She struggled to figure out how to grip it, and that's with a Hogue sleeve that I added to it. Her thumbs kept riding the slide and that kept causing it to choke. That's no good for her.
    So she tried one of my Gen3 G19's and loved that one. And shot it well, without issue.
    I had a similar result with my wife. She couldn't/wouldn't grip the pistol in a way that allowed proper functioning, and wasn't willing to train around the specifics of the G42 to make it better. Down the road it went. She shoots my P365MS just fine, if she ever decides she wants a "little" gun for carry. In the meantime, if it's not a 1911, she's not interested in shooting it

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Is anyone milling the 42 for an optic, and if so, do the pistols run reliably?
    When I had my 42 milled, I literally couldn't even find a picture of one online. C&H Precision was the only company online that listed the 42 for milling. I called to verify they could do it. They did a great job and turned it around in a week.

I installed a tungsten guide rod with a slightly reduced spring from The Glock Store. I TRIED to get it to malfunction and was unsuccessful. Used multiple types of ammo including my carry ammo (Hornady XTP 90) and multiple shitty grips. As loose as I could hold it without letting it go... It would have taken 1 or 2 rounds with a G19 for it to stovepipe. I'm fully confident in it.

Name:  IMG_6740.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  40.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6739.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  28.0 KB
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I shoot mine as though it were a J-frame, i.e. not thumbs up/forward. R thumb is down near the mag release, L thumb locked down on it. Works great for me.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List