Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield teasing a 2011?

I told them, their call.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    If I ran a rental range, I would not offer up a crank gun like that.
    Personally, I'd leave it as is, just made sure it was lubed well. It is a brand new gun, can't even blame range rental neglect or wear. If that is what's coming out of factory, range patrons and prospective buyers deserve to know that the gun is nearly guaranteed to be needing work if they bought it.

One thing I forgot to do is to check if this was the original style 5 incher or an updated one.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I hit the range yesterday. I'm now 700 rounds post gunsmith. Zero malfunctions. I did feel the follower start to stick in my training magazines, but I didn't get any malfunctions in spite of that. Time to hit them with the brush.

Total round count: 11,140
    If you're not going to learn to use the front sight properly, don't bother with it. If pointing the gun, screaming "Ahhhhh!" and cranking on the trigger is all you can learn to do, work on doing that safely. -ToddG

Quote Originally Posted by 60167 View Post
    I hit the range yesterday. I'm now 700 rounds post gunsmith. Zero malfunctions. I did feel the follower start to stick in my training magazines, but I didn't get any malfunctions in spite of that. Time to hit them with the brush.

Total round count: 11,140
    Changed any springs yet?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

My Prodigy has ascended. The list of factory parts is shorter than the list of upgraded parts. I got by with the factory parts for such a long time, the addition of the new stuff makes it feel like a completely different gun.

Here's the list of new stuff:
    • EGW Hammer/Sear
    • EGW Extractor
    • Atlas Guide rod
    • EGW Safety
    • EGW Pin Set
    • Atlas Trigger and Bow
    • EGW Slide Stop
    • ISMI 19# main spring
    • Dawson Steel Firing Pin
    • Dawson Maxwell
    • Atlas Mags

Currently sitting at 11,000 and some change.

Name:  IMG_7145.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  31.7 KB
    If you're not going to learn to use the front sight properly, don't bother with it. If pointing the gun, screaming "Ahhhhh!" and cranking on the trigger is all you can learn to do, work on doing that safely. -ToddG

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Changed any springs yet?

I replaced recoil spring, main spring and firing pin spring.

Aaron Cowan has an updated Prodigy video up for his patreon supporters.

The gun has had chamber and ramp work done as well as had quite a few parts replaced. He details what parts were replaced in the video.

He does say he thought about sending the gun back to Springfield for warranty work but was in communication with Joe Chambers around this same time. Chambers said he'd take the gun in and make it work. It does seem to work now. Cowan ran the gun through his 2,000 round test with no further issues.

A bit of Aaron's video posted on Instragram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxyyW3OR1ty/?hl=en

4.25 Prodigy report. Blew my first SS check with a trip to the SIG Academy for the PMO 103 (shot their 320) then to PrairieFireNevada. Made 2500 empties with the Prodigy in 4 days, if the movers were installed on the range it would have been more. No cleaning just some oil every morning. Just short of 6800 total for the pistol.

Before 500 rds it had some light strikes and failure to go into battery. Installed a steel firing pin, could not find a 4.25" 13lb spring in stock but had some 5" springs so cut one 1/2 coil longer than the stock spring. The ramp to chamber transition was extremely sharp, made a slight radius was some 400grit. Replaced the full length guide with a GI type and solid reverse plug. Last 6300 rounds have been flawless.

Did start to get a hot spot day 2, removed the sharp edge on the bottom of the MSH putting the same radius on it as the grip and that took care of it.

I traded out my RMR for a 507 Comp. And EVERY DAMN TIME I remove the optics plate, the plate-to-slide screws are loose. I didn't notice a shift in zero because everything is bedded in place with E600, but this is really annoying. I suspect the loctite doesn't work with the Cerakote. I've tried everything short of red loctite thus far.

12000 rounds so far.

Quote Originally Posted by 60167 View Post
    I traded out my RMR for a 507 Comp. And EVERY DAMN TIME I remove the optics plate, the plate-to-slide screws are loose. I didn't notice a shift in zero because everything is bedded in place with E600, but this is really annoying. I suspect the loctite doesn't work with the Cerakote. I've tried everything short of red loctite thus far.

12000 rounds so far.
    Depending on how you're cleaning - if you're going to town with solvent in the extractor tunnel...it may be wicking into the threads of the screw and killing whatever loctite you're using? I don't think the left plate screw breaks through anywhere but the right one certainly does. I used vibra-tite on mine (vc2 I think?) and even though it only had like 400 rounds on it with the optic plate, there was zero change in the screws when I took the optic off. I only used solvent on a q-tip from the breech end of the extractor tunnel to clean that area up, as well as just a damp patch on the extractor itself to get the carbon off the hook area. No solvent into the tunnel from the rear, and none in the middle at all where the screw breaks through.

User Tag List