Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

A friend of mine blew the tip of his support hand index finger off with a .300 BLK -- that short Rattler hand guard makes me want something definitive in keeping my hand from going too far forward.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A friend of mine blew the tip of his support hand index finger off with a .300 BLK -- that short Rattler hand guard makes me want something definitive in keeping my hand from going too far forward.
    I would have to work really hard at it:

Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    But is the decrease in performance worth it? Subsonic 300BLK having only a half to a third the energy of supersonic 300BLK is not something you can just handwave away.
    In a platform that can do BOTH (super and subsonic), why would I limit myself to just supers, when some environments/distances (indoors, cars, etc) make subs attractive?

I've already got a Mk18 clone with suppressor if I want a short gun with no option to run subs.
    I've already got a MP5 with suppressor if I want a short gun with no option to run high BC bullets for range.

Site Supporter
    I'd probably run the old-timey magwell grip until I was certain I wouldn't suffer the same fate.

In a post brace, form 1 world, what are thoughts on adding a vertical grip to go with your side folding stock?
    This one works EXCEPTIONALLY well. You want the 2.5” grenade grip version. It’s perfect.

https://a3tactical.com/modular-verti...-stop-compact/

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    This one works EXCEPTIONALLY well. You want the 2.5” grenade grip version. It’s perfect.

I have that one on my Scorpion-K, it’s ideal - same grenade grip. And one without handstop will go on my little Copperhead once BATFE gets their thumb out.

A3 makes a great foregrip.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    So I’m still back and forth on diving into the Rattler. I have some questions that MIGHT have been answered in this thread already, but who has two thumbs and no time to read 35 pages? This guy.

1. What current Sig suppressor works best for minimal blowback when shooting a mix of subs and supers? I’m a lefty so I always prioritize low blowback over pure noise reduction.
    2. Do the current Rattlers come with the appropriate muzzle device for the current Gen SLX and SLH cans?
    3. I know the Rattler (and pre-SPEAR LT MCX uppers) required a special trigger to work on AR lowers (plus adapter), BUT are the current SPEAR LT uppers backwards compatible with the Rattler triggers? I’m wanting to set up one of my SBR AR lowers to run both a Rattler upper and a 11.5” 5.56 SPEAR LT upper. Not sure if that’s possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    So I’m still back and forth on diving into the Rattler. I have some questions that MIGHT have been answered in this thread already, but who has two thumbs and no time to read 35 pages? This guy.

1. What current Sig suppressor works best for minimal blowback when shooting a mix of subs and supers? I’m a lefty so I always prioritize low blowback over pure noise reduction.
    2. Do the current Rattlers come with the appropriate muzzle device for the current Gen SLX and SLH cans?
    3. I know the Rattler (and pre-SPEAR LT MCX uppers) required a special trigger to work on AR lowers (plus adapter), BUT are the current SPEAR LT uppers backwards compatible with the Rattler triggers? I’m wanting to set up one of my SBR AR lowers to run both a Rattler upper and a 11.5” 5.56 SPEAR LT upper. Not sure if that’s possible.

Might be able to give you some insight on 1 & 2..

We use the Rattler with the SLX Compact in both QD and Direct Thread… QD mounted on the standard 3 prong flashhider, which is in my experience a solid connection(we did extended endurance testing on the platform).. Locking system holds up real well with 10000’s of rounds down the pipe
    Blowback reduction is real good, not the most quiet can because of that.. We run supers so not an issue(YMMV) DT has a bit more noise reduction but the QD give you more versitility(I think)..
    The SLX Compact offers a good balance between blowback reduction and taking the edge off when using supers.. With subs more than sufficiënt noise reduction but not death quiet ofcourse
    Your needs may vary ofcourse

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post

One more option:
    https://www.sigsauer.com/vertical-gr...-nuts-blk.html

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I would have to work really hard at it:

What hand stop/ panels do you have on your Rattler?

User Tag List