Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: New Mexico Governor suspends carrying of firearms in Albuquerque for 30 days

At first when this kicked off, I was fuming, seeing red. Now...I'm giggling
    #RESIST

The governor modified her order so it only applies to public parks: https://www.koat.com/article/nm-gove...dment/45159712

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I didn't see this in this thread, but I also didn't read through all of this shit (sorry dudes, I'm tired and on low bandwidth for the kind of garbage that Gov Grisham is attempting and our resulting discussion). Anyways, here is SAF's Press Release on Suing NM Governor :
    SAF will be receiving my funds as a member from now on.

Where’s Wayne?
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post

Where’s Wayne?
    We filed in state court. There are a few benefits, but one is because we expected the governor to modify her order when it inevitably was restrained/enjoined as a violation of the Second Amendment. She just amended it. In state court we can raise additional claims. The most important is the option to raise separation of powers issues over her lack of statutory authority to issue these orders. If we win, we can hopefully stop her from issuing any orders affecting firearms, and not be limited to invalidating each order (and any future further amended orders) as a violation of the Second Amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    The governor modified her order so it only applies to public parks: https://www.koat.com/article/nm-gove...dment/45159712
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    The most powerful and harmful influence Trump has had on our politics…has been the effect on his opponents. They have been triggered into an orgy of self-mutilation—eager to amputate their own history and disfigure their own political traditions.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    We filed in state court. There are a few benefits, but one is because we expected the governor to modify her order when it inevitably was restrained/enjoined as a violation of the Second Amendment. She just amended it. In state court we can raise additional claims. The most important is the option to raise separation of powers issues over her lack of statutory authority to issue these orders. If we win, we can hopefully stop her from issuing any orders affecting firearms, and not be limited to invalidating each order (and any future further amended orders) as a violation of the Second Amendment.
    Thank you for this Josh. As a three time life member (myself and my 2 boys) I am often wondering where the NRA is on a lot of these issues of late. I want to believe the NRAs still in the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post

Where’s Wayne?
    Living large on the dues dime would be my guess.
    "The older I get, the more I think that just staying home and drinking the good stuff by yourself is way underrated as a healthy practice." - Totem Polar

"An entire worldview devoted to being offside." - feudist

User Tag List