Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Things That Make You Go...Hmmm...

Site Supporter
    Lie detectors: The pro literature had nailed them as unreliable years ago. The best thing about them was that they were invented by the psychologist who also created Wonder Woman and lived a rather interesting, threesome home life.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    How is this surprising to anyone who’s been paying attention

I'm not really seeing the problem here. Having gone through the federal hiring process, a conditional offer doesn't mean you start working. At least when I went through it, the conditional offer led to the background investigation and suitability portion of the hiring process. You don't get the job if the BI doesn't check out. You won't get a final offer and a start date until you get at least interim clearance, which would include a review of your criminal history. I'm not really sure why it would be relevant information for the hiring manager. They should be concerned with job qualifications. If you are the best qualified candidate and your criminal history doesn't prevent you from passing the background investigation portion, I see no reason why you should not get the job.

User Tag List