Page 111 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1201

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

These green things came with my 07. Does anyone know what they are or what they're used for?

Name:  green things.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  39.9 KB

@1More, I thought the "Duty" guns were the original/Gen 1 design but I'm seeing some with 20-21 date codes marked Duty. Did CZ bring that line back?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    These green things came with my 07. Does anyone know what they are or what they're used for?

Name:  green things.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  39.9 KB
    @1More, I thought the "Duty" guns were the original/Gen 1 design but I'm seeing some with 20-21 date codes marked Duty. Did CZ bring that line back?
    The green things are inserts for the dummy round that it shipped with. I’d use a o ring or earplug for dry fire instead.

“Duty”? Interesting. No clue.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Thanks! I bought it used w/low round count and it looks like I got everything BUT the dummy round. I'll dig though the case again.

The Duty marked pistols came to my attention several years ago during my first go 'round with P07s. I was finding them on the auction sites for much less than unmarked 07s and some digging turned up most were some kind of PD trade ins from Mexico and produced sometime in the late 00s-early 10s. I don't recall if it was on one of the CZ forums or where, but I got the impression the newer ones at that time (17-18 time frame) were a Gen 2 product improved version.

EDIT: Looks like what I saw a day or two ago is a seller mislabel. All the ones I can find marked "Duty" are 2012 dated and the one listed specifically as being a Duty is a suppressor ready model without a picture of the other side showing the date code. Considering the Duty line was discontinued 2014 according to the CZ-USA website and the SR models didn't start until ~2019-ish, I'm going with a seller screw up. FWIW the CZ European site shows a .380 version which would make my carpal tunnel happier...
    Last edited by awp_101; 09-02-2023 at 12:17 PM.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Modification questions

Getting ready to embark on a P7 experience, so some modification questions, my assumptions are mostly based on info from this thread. My context will be traditional DA and a street gun, not a competition gun.

1. Are the sights easy to move with a sight pusher? I am planning on a Nightfission U notch and orange outline front which will match most of my iron sights on other platforms. I know some brands of pistol have pressed in sights that are harder to move.

2. This will be a street gun, so as far as Cajunizing I had planned just to do their basic spring kit, not the hammer, roller bearing, short reset stuff initially. Is that spring kit really what gets me to a more shootable gun in DA mode, and say 50% of the Cajun improvements?

3. Since it will be going to that lighter 15lb hammer spring in that kit, does their extended firing pin really add much in terms of reliablity?

4. I am assuming that the full size P10/P09 magazines will work just fine with the P-07 and that the shoulder of the mag prevents over insertion just like the longer magazines for the larger platforms do in Glock, Sig P22X, HK USP/c and the P30 mags, and I don't need to worry about some sort of basepad modification if these are used as the reload magazines I am carrying. Is that correct?

Thanks to #Clusterfrack and all who have contributed to this thread, it is all your fault I am going to blow some money on this project.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Getting ready to embark on a P7 experience, so some modification questions, my assumptions are mostly based on info from this thread. My context will be traditional DA and a street gun, not a competition gun.

1. Are the sights easy to move with a sight pusher? I am planning on a Nightfission U notch and orange outline front which will match most of my iron sights on other platforms. I know some brands of pistol have pressed in sights that are harder to move.

2. This will be a street gun, so as far as Cajunizing I had planned just to do their basic spring kit, not the hammer, roller bearing, short reset stuff initially. Is that spring kit really what gets me to a more shootable gun in DA mode, and say 50% of the Cajun improvements?

3. Since it will be going to that lighter 15lb hammer spring in that kit, does their extended firing pin really add much in terms of reliablity?

4. I am assuming that the full size P10/P09 magazines will work just fine with the P-07 and that the shoulder of the mag prevents over insertion just like the longer magazines for the larger platforms do in Glock, Sig P22X, HK USP/c and the P30 mags, and I don't need to worry about some sort of basepad modification if these are used as the reload magazines I am carrying. Is that correct?

Thanks to #Clusterfrack and all who have contributed to this thread, it is all your fault I am going to blow some money on this project.
    1. I was able to easily install my Nightfission rear with a NcSTAR VTUFNR Vism Universal Pistol Front and Rear Sight Tool. In this case, I did not have to do any additional fitting on the rear sight. For my Dawson front, I did have to do a minor bit of fitting.

2. The springs, short reset kit, roller bearing, sear pin, CZ85 trigger and CGW Hammer made a qualitative difference in my gun. Note, my gun is an old Duty purchased new about a decade ago. If I bought a Gen2 tomorrow, I'd start with springs, short reset, and roller. The roller made a nice difference to the trigger in double action...noticeably smoother. Follow the guidelines for measuring and fitting rollers. It is easy to disrupt the timing if you get the roller size far on the wrong end of tolerances. I did run the extended firing pin for a while, but over the years realized that I could get reliability without the compromises. (CGW does great work, I am a fan. I did not contact him about issues I had with my extended firing pin because I decided I'd rather find a reliable setup with a factory pin). Notably, due to the Generational changes and incremental improvements in design of small parts and tolerances, the current stock guns are much better than my original stock Duty, which was a great gun.

3. I usually ran the yellow spring (18#) since I went back to the factory firing pin with the CGW FP Spring; no issues. Notably, I put the Gold (15#) spring in with this setup to evaluate it and have had no problems breaking primers in 2000+ rounds. Between the two, the feel of the double action is consistently the same smoothness (if slightly lighter with the 15#).

4. I've never used P09 mags in my P07, but I have used factory Shadow 2 mags; they function and lock the slide reliably. The shoulder of the mag does stop on the slide release, but I am still careful not to pound the mag in the gun on reloads. For higher capacity, I like the factory P07/P10C mags with the factory +2 base pads (17rds). Also, Sig P226 mags will fit and function fine in the P07, with the exception of locking the slide (and same concerns as S2 mags regarding over insertion). The P226 mags don't lock; in fact I use them for some drills because of that.

*Additional Note: I really like the CGW mod'd CZ85 trigger in my Duty. I didn't care for the original CZ hook trigger, and the Gen2 trigger just did not work well in the Duty for me (both function and feel issues). Additionally, I did put a CGW Extended mag release in mine to address issues caused by frame warping when hitting the release with my firing hand. It's great, and I'd consider putting one in a Gen2 off the rack, even though the Gen2 eliminated the warping.

Good luck

Cool

Thanks! I bought it used w/low round count and it looks like I got everything BUT the dummy round. I'll dig though the case again.

The Duty marked pistols came to my attention several years ago during my first go 'round with P07s. I was finding them on the auction sites for much less than unmarked 07s and some digging turned up most were some kind of PD trade ins from Mexico and produced sometime in the late 00s-early 10s. I don't recall if it was on one of the CZ forums or where, but I got the impression the newer ones at that time (17-18 time frame) were a Gen 2 product improved version.

EDIT: Looks like what I saw a day or two ago is a seller mislabel. All the ones I can find marked "Duty" are 2012 dated and the one listed specifically as being a Duty is a suppressor ready model without a picture of the other side showing the date code. Considering the Duty line was discontinued 2014 according to the CZ-USA website and the SR models didn't start until ~2019-ish, I'm going with a seller screw up. FWIW the CZ European site shows a .380 version which would make my carpal tunnel happier...
    You got it. The stock Duty Slides will say "Duty" under the front sight and have the old black finish.

If anyone is looking for a P09, there’s an optic cut (407k cut) one on AR15.com for $475. Don’t know anything more than what’s on the post.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I would chuck the CGW Trigger return spring. I’ve broken two of them over the last 4 years of ownership. Both guns had a moderately high number of trigger presses, far more than a typical carry gun would see. According to one of their videos, the Ben Stoeger mafia has apparently several break in Shadow 2’s (same part number).
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    I would chuck the CGW Trigger return spring. I’ve broken two of them over the last 4 years of ownership. Both guns had a moderately high number of trigger presses, far more than a typical carry gun would see. According to one of their videos, the Ben Stoeger mafia has apparently several break in Shadow 2’s (same part number).
    So the stock spring more durable?

So the stock spring more durable?
    I don’t have any significant personal experience with the stock spring, just bad experience with the CGW spring. I’ll keep an eye out for the video where Stoeger mentions the CGW spring failures on the S2.

CGW thinks their spring is more durable. I think @Clusterfrack has had good luck with the CGW spring.

Sooooooo……. I dunno.
    David S.

User Tag List