Page 110 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1316

Thread: Grizzly Bear Defense

duplicate
    "The older I get, the more I think that just staying home and drinking the good stuff by yourself is way underrated as a healthy practice." - Totem Polar

"An entire worldview devoted to being offside." - feudist

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My PH is Botswana, based on experience, told me that he was a lot more scared by the client's .375H&H than a lion's bite.

https://nbcmontana.com/news/local/me...near-whitefish
    I read that report this morning.

Not knowing what the Grizzly bear vs hunter's x2 fight looked like, it is hard to pass judgment. I am pretty much always skeptical of news reports about such things as reporters often take advantage of situations/have personal agendas to make hunters/gun owners look bad. What happened, without receiving more info is really hard to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I read that report this morning.

Not knowing what the Grizzly bear vs hunter's x2 fight looked like, it is hard to pass judgment. I am pretty much always skeptical of news reports about such things as reporters often take advantage of situations/have personal agendas to make hunters/gun owners look bad. What happened, without receiving more info is really hard to tell.
    I think the only thing we can conclude is the grizzly didn't fire the shot!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Bear walks into a bar and says "I am looking for the man who shot my paw!".

Billings paper:

A female grizzly bear responsible for killing a woman near Yellowstone National Park in July has been killed after it broke into a West Yellowstone-area home, according to Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks.

Amie Adamson, 47, of Derby, Kansas, was mauled while hiking on July 27. Attempts to trap and remove the grizzly were made due to the incident’s closeness to residences, campgrounds and a high-use off-highway vehicle trail system, but were unsuccessful. Public access to the area was also shut down following the mauling.

Early Saturday morning, Sept. 2, a homeowner reported a bear with a cub had broken through a kitchen window of an occupied home and removed a container of dog food from inside the house.

Later that evening, staff from FWP and local law enforcement captured the cub and, with authorization from the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, shot the adult grizzly citing an "immediate public safety threat from the bear’s food-conditioned behavior."

People are also reading…

The adult grizzly was a 10-year-old female that had been captured in 2017 for research. Through genetic analysis and other identifying factors, the bear was confirmed to be involved in the fatal attack on Adamson. The bear was also involved in an encounter in Idaho that injured a person near Henrys Lake State Park in 2020.

Anecdotally, there seem to be a lot of bear interactions recently. Fish and Game says there have been more bear reports at our nearby trailhead than anytime they can remember. Bear poop in our driveway this morning. Lots of one or more grizzly bears on two guys with pistols out recreating this summer, that result in wins for the humans.

Don't know if this will work.

BTW, this is proof the Lord looks after drunks and fools.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwyJWFlv...eo_watch_again
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

We hit a near town trail for a hike before heading to a brewery for dinner this afternoon. G19 mag full of penetrator loads into the 26 for the trail and then the 26 mag in town. This was just a few yards down the trail.

Name:  IMG_4822.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  64.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Don't know if this will work.

BTW, this is proof the Lord looks after drunks and fools.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwyJWFlv...eo_watch_again
    Wow. LOL

User Tag List