Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 in 2023

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Which baseplate is that?
    Taran +1

I was all about that 43 life bro

From 2015 until last year when I started getting some bolt over base FTFeeds.

Glock replaced about a dozen mags and neither one of my 43s ever ran right afterwards. Sent both of em in for a rebuild with all the latest updates and they still wouldn’t run.

Washed my hands of all of it.

Based on all of the reports here from people who work in agencies…….at minimum springs should be replaced very frequently on a 43 and one should never use ammunition higher pressure than the standard 124 g. This would apply to the 48 43X and 43.

ETA: and certainly not a 2 tone one

The current 43 with the breech face notch, marksman barrel, and 02 magazines are very reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post

Glock replaced about a dozen mags and neither one of my 43s ever ran right afterwards. Sent both of em in for a rebuild with all the latest updates and they still wouldn’t run.

Dang, that sucks!
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Based on all of the reports here from people who work in agencies…….at minimum springs should be replaced very frequently on a 43 and one should never use ammunition higher pressure than the standard 124 g. This would apply to the 48 43X and 43.

ETA: and certainly not a 2 tone one
    The bureau uses 135gr +P in the 43’s.

From my experience, I say don’t hang stuff off them and use OEM magazines with no aftermarket extensions.

My oldest G43 is pushing almost 2k(I know, not a lot of rounds)
    Original springs, and a steady diet of HST 147 +P
    Never malfunctioned. I do want to replace the recoil spring soon though. It’s been an amazing gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post

From my experience, I say don’t hang stuff off them and use OEM magazines with no aftermarket extensions.
    The BU only authorizes the current 43 with the breech face cut, 02 magazines etc.

With older 43s / older mags YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post

Thing 1: when you say you don’t hang stuff off of them does that mean RD sites are allowed or not?

Thing 2: the 43’s that you use are they grandfathered or are they still being issued?

Thing 3: is the MRB failure bar the same for the 43 as for a 19 or a 47 or a 45 or a 17 Or whatever you issue?

Thanks. This info is so valuable to those of us who can’t do the testing at the level large agency’s can.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Thing 1: when you say you don’t hang stuff off of them does that mean RD sites are allowed or not?

Thing 2: the 43’s that you use are they grandfathered or are they still being issued?

Thing 3: is the MRB failure bar the same for the 43 as for a 19 or a 47 or a 45 or a 17 Or whatever you issue?

Thanks. This info is so valuable to those of us who can’t do the testing at the level large agency’s can.
    My g43s had significantly more problems with a red dot than without. Same with g43x and g48

I actually run the Suarez tactical.g43 spring . Mine would not run with jhp without it (124 or 147)

User Tag List