Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon RMR/SRO Hybrid

I first heard about this sight back in 2021. It's nice to actually see what one will look like.

I see a Glock 47 with a FCD plate and one of these mounted on it in my future, especially if they have a 6.5 moa (RM07) version available.

Site Supporter
    I would be very interested if they offer a 6.5 MOA dot with auto adjust.

(I know auto adjust is not for everyone, but it does work well for me with my current RM07’s. The few light conditions in which it does not work happen to be good conditions for my backup iron sights.)
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I would be very interested if they offer a 6.5 MOA dot with auto adjust.

(I know auto adjust is not for everyone, but it does work well for me with my current RM07’s. The few light conditions in which it does not work happen to be good conditions for my backup iron sights.)
    Same here. A larger RMR with 6.5/auto and a battery compartment could be my default open emitter.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    Here's what it will take for any company to take me away from Holosun. Come out with a side clamp mounted enclosed emitter with a 5-6 MOA dot option that doesn't increase in size from the 509t. I don't give a rat's ass about solar capability. Have the same battery life, no refresh rate issues, and same durabilty. If it's not made in China that would definitely help sway me. Anything short of that is just a non-starter. If I had a competition gun I'd probably not care as much about an enclosed emitter, but that's not my life right now. Trijicon usually does dot size options and I'd probably be on board if this didn't have a mounting method I'm not gonna sign up to put up with. As of now the EPS 6 MOA is my favorite optic overall, with a 509t that sticks around because I love how it mounts, but hate the reticle on a pistol. I'm guessing that Huanic is sitting on some emitter tech that others can't duplicate because I don't see how they can't be beat at this game by companies that started this whole thing to begin with.
    I agree with this entirely. I would very much love to give Trijcon my money but the EPS 6 MOA is ideal for me. I tried smaller dots and I don't like them on pistols at all. I tried the 8 MOA ring and that was mostly great but what I found is I just shoot faster and more consitently with a 6-8 MOA dot compared to a ring.

If they make a 509t with a 6 MOA I'd get that but since I don't I make due with the EPS.

Aaron Cowan has his initial 2k review of the RCR up on Patreon.

Capstan screws are used

Good clarity although the blue tint is still there

Good brightness settings

Works well with night vision

Survived the initial use and the four drop tests

MSRP $800

Fits in Safariland duty holster. No mention of Blackhawk

AC does mention the RMR HD. He says he'll have a video soon. He does make a brief mention in the RCR video that the HD has some kind of advanced auto brightness setting.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 08-01-2023 at 03:26 AM.

Here's the press release info on the HD:

The Trijicon RMR created the standard for what a miniature rugged reflex optic should be. Not coincidentally, the RMR immediately became a favorite duty optic, and Trijicon RMR optics have been proven in the most demanding environments on earth by U.S. Special Operations, law enforcement agencies, and individuals in personal defense situations.

Now, Trijicon once again sets the standard with the new RMR HD, an optic specifically designed for the evolving needs of law enforcement and the armed forces.

Built on the foundation of the Trijicon RMR Adjustable LED model, the RMR HD features a large, clear lens made from tempered glass and has the same footprint as the RMR. The larger lens provides an unobstructed view of the target and aids in finding and tracking the reticle more easily.

The new RMR HD reticle allows the user to toggle between a 55 MOA segmented circle reticle with a center dot, or a crisp dot-only option, both of which include a new super bright setting and an additional night vision setting. Models are available with either a 1.0 MOA or 3.25 MOA center dot.

In auto mode, the RMR HD’s advanced forward-looking light sensor automatically adjusts dot brightness to the target environment for effective use in any lighting scenario, including the use of a weapon light. The auto-brightness range can also be customized so that the auto mode will vary in a higher or lower range depending on the user’s preference, and a button “lock out” mode will keep the RMR HD in auto mode even if a button is inadvertently pressed.

With nine brightness settings, controlled by larger, more responsive buttons, the user can also easily select which brightness level they would like when in manual mode and “lock-in” that setting indefinitely if they choose.

The RMR HD features a top-loading battery compartment, allowing the RMR HD’s single CR2032 battery to be replaced quickly and easily without the need to re-confirm the zero of the optic. The battery will provide over three years of continuous use at the dot-only brightness setting 5 of 9 at 70ºF.

The RMR HD is compatible with all existing RMR mounts and optics-ready pistols and is designed to fit many existing optics-ready duty holsters. The RMR HD is also sized to work with optic-height co-witness sights built for the current RMR or SRO.

The patented RMR-shape of the forged 7075 T-6 aluminum housing absorbs recoil and other impacts and diverts stresses away from the lens. Built with Trijicon’s precision engineering expertise, the optic’s elevation and windage adjustments are audible, precise, and repeatable, without the need for any special tools. The optic is waterproof up to 66 ft., is drop tested, vibration tested, and will operate in extreme temperatures.

The Made-in-USA Trijicon RMR HD is ready for those who require a feature-rich optic with high performance and ultra-reliability.

Last edited by Tokarev; 08-01-2023 at 04:09 AM.

Guns and Tactics' HD review:

Trijicon RCR mounting info. Also info on the HD:

User Tag List