Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon RMR/SRO Hybrid

Here's what it will take for any company to take me away from Holosun. Come out with a side clamp mounted enclosed emitter with a 5-6 MOA dot option that doesn't increase in size from the 509t. I don't give a rat's ass about solar capability. Have the same battery life, no refresh rate issues, and same durabilty. If it's not made in China that would definitely help sway me. Anything short of that is just a non-starter. If I had a competition gun I'd probably not care as much about an enclosed emitter, but that's not my life right now. Trijicon usually does dot size options and I'd probably be on board if this didn't have a mounting method I'm not gonna sign up to put up with. As of now the EPS 6 MOA is my favorite optic overall, with a 509t that sticks around because I love how it mounts, but hate the reticle on a pistol. I'm guessing that Huanic is sitting on some emitter tech that others can't duplicate because I don't see how they can't be beat at this game by companies that started this whole thing to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    Here's what it will take for any company to take me away from Holosun. Come out with a side clamp mounted enclosed emitter with a 5-6 MOA dot option that doesn't increase in size from the 509t. I don't give a rat's ass about solar capability. Have the same battery life, no refresh rate issues, and same durabilty. If it's not made in China that would definitely help sway me. Anything short of that is just a non-starter. If I had a competition gun I'd probably not care as much about an enclosed emitter, but that's not my life right now. Trijicon usually does dot size options and I'd probably be on board if this didn't have a mounting method I'm not gonna sign up to put up with. As of now the EPS 6 MOA is my favorite optic overall, with a 509t that sticks around because I love how it mounts, but hate the reticle on a pistol. I'm guessing that Huanic is sitting on some emitter tech that others can't duplicate because I don't see how they can't be beat at this game by companies that started this whole thing to begin with.
    For my needs, a reliable EPS (full size) with a 6moa dot is as close to a perfect edc optic that exists today. Sealed, good dot size, lightweight, decent display size, concealable, with a straightforward mounting arrangement.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Don't waste your time watching this video. All he does is read the written brochure while showing a picture of the brochure.
    Apologies. I should have put in a disclaimer that that video was a summation and not a secret data dump.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Apologies. I should have put in a disclaimer that that video was a summation and not a secret data dump.
    No worries -- I am so interested in the capstain screw method of the closed emitter, I look at everything new, hoping to learn more.

For my needs, a reliable EPS (full size) with a 6moa dot is as close to a perfect edc optic that exists today. Sealed, good dot size, lightweight, decent display size, concealable, with a straightforward mounting arrangement.
    I'm almost there. The 509T on my G47 lives in constant fear of getting replaced with an EPS 6. My brain is having a hard time getting past the downgrade it appears to be on paper. As much as the 509T appears to be much more rugged, it's not like the EPS has a glass jaw and its mounting method is holding up just fine. That DPP titanium plate is trucking right along. Sometimes I find myself putting my G19 slide on my G47 frame just so I can shoot the EPS with a full sized grip.

Same for me but circle mrs eps carry

Of the two, I am more optimistic about the open emitter product. Fixes my two main complaints with the RMR, a tiny display and having to remove the unit to change the battery. Hopefully a 6.5 dot option becomes available.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    I'm almost there. The 509T on my G47 lives in constant fear of getting replaced with an EPS 6. My brain is having a hard time getting past the downgrade it appears to be on paper. As much as the 509T appears to be much more rugged, it's not like the EPS has a glass jaw and its mounting method is holding up just fine. That DPP titanium plate is trucking right along. Sometimes I find myself putting my G19 slide on my G47 frame just so I can shoot the EPS with a full sized grip.

Just curious is it the size of the dot on the eps that you like or the full-size grip? The size is not that much different between the two when carrying at least for me.

Of the two, I am more optimistic about the open emitter product. Fixes my two main complaints with the RMR, a tiny display and having to remove the unit to change the battery. Hopefully a 6.5 dot option becomes available.

I have kinda went in a full circle and have reconsidered that the RMR, besides the small window, makes a good optic for concealed carry.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Just curious is it the size of the dot on the eps that you like or the full-size grip? The size is not that much different between the two when carrying at least for me.
    It's the 6 MOA dot. I prefer it by a huge margin to a 2 MOA dot for pistol shooting. I do prefer the way the Glock 47 shoots compared to the Glock 45ish configuration of swapping slides, but it's not a monumental difference. I dislike circle dot reticles altogether. For me, the 6 MOA dot is cleaner with or without vision correction and I don't have to run it as bright. It also hides wobble better and I consistently shoot it more accurately on a B-8. I just keep coming back to it and I'm losing the desire to run anything else on a pistol at this point. I'm in that frustrating position that nobody makes the thing I exactly want so I'll probably have to standardize on the EPS 6 until something comes along. Most likely, the EPS mounting system is fine and the perceived superiority of the side clamp isn't significant enough to go without my preferred reticle. To bring it back on the topic of the thread, Trijicon might have finally snared me if their enclosed emitter had a side clamp as I'll bet there will be a 5 or 6.5 MOA dot version of it. I'm not putting up with that capstan screw crap for a second.
    For reference, my Glock 47 has a 509T with Holosun steel MOS plate and my Gen 5 G19 has an EPS 6 with DPP Titanium MOS plate.

Have you, or anybody else, ever put an SRO on a Maple Leaf slide? Asking because reasons.

NEVER MIND. Found my answer, I think. The question had to do with the fact that on certain guns and cuts a forward offset glass must also clear the slide.
    Name:  20210301_204306.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  36.8 KB
    Last edited by YVK; 07-27-2023 at 10:43 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List