Page 349 of 375 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 3742

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by sff70 View Post
    She had the same grip when using her taser.

All indications that I see lead me to believe she is fairly new to the profession, so I doubt she was revolver trained.

Either her trainers didn’t notice the tendency (which many people have, especially new shooters), didn’t correct it, or she didn’t apply their corrections.

Solo response to DV is a suboptimal choice that results in negative outcomes. Time and again we have seen this.

And this is yet another case of backing up and backing up and backing up. People need to turn their hips to an angle and move in that direction, rapidly, to improve their position. You can never back up faster than they can move forward, and backing up like this often results in falling down, and a harder problem to solve.

I hope the agency takes notice and intervenes, but all too often nobody wants to do so, because, “It turned out OK”.
    Sadly some in our line of work are just not trainable. We can fix them on the range, but when you add stress the wheels still fall off. They get away with it because statistically it’s still unlikely they will have to use their weapon.

Site Supporter

Two Bystanders Get Shot as Albuquerque Officers Fire at Suspect Armed With Knife

Albuquerque, New Mexico — On June 29, 2023, around 9:23 p.m., Albuquerque police responded to a 911 call of a stabbing at a McDonald’s off of Lomas and San Pedro. Officers found a man who had been stabbed multiple times in the neck and face while in the drive-thru lane. The man told police he picked up the suspect, 25-year-old Jeramiah Salyards, and wanted to help him by buying dinner. The driver told police it’s something he’s done for others. The suspect reached over said, "Sorry" and stabbed him in the neck. Salyards then fled the scene. Officers responded within minutes and rendered aid to the victim. He was transported to a local hospital to treat his wounds. He has since been released from the hospital. Nearly two and a half hours later, officers found the suspect was down the road on Lomas and Louisiana. Officers say he matched the description of holding a colored knife and wearing a pink-like backpack. Officers went to the area and spotted Salyards, telling him to drop the knife.

Salyards crossed the street to a bus stop where three men were hanging out. Salyards moved toward the men, who appeared to be attempting to flee as multiple police officers shouted for him to put down his knife. Bodycam footage shows Salyards waving his arms rapidly toward the three men, apparently holding a knife in one hand, before officers opened fire. Police continued firing as Salyards goes toward one of the men who fell over, having apparently been struck by officers' gunfire. Police say Salyards died in the shooting. One of the bystanders hit by officers' gunfire was shot in the knee. He was treated and released that night from the hospital. The bystander in the blue jacket was shot several times and suffered serious injuries. He was treated over several weeks at the hospital and is still going through rehabilitation from those gunshot wounds. Salyards was previously sentenced to three years in prison for the stabbing of a Albuquerque bus driver in 2020 and was released just over a month before his death.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    This is a real world example of one of the things I noted in this thread:https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....eat-course-AAR

Talking on the damn radio when she should be FINISHING THE FIGHT!! I couldn’t help but cringe when she fired one round and then took her left hand off the gun to talk on the radio while she fired at least 2 or 3 more shots SHO. Ugh.
    I wonder if that's driven by the desire to get help on the scene due to lack of confidence that the person can handle the issue.

The way it comes across to me...and I could be wrong...isn't that she's trying to keep dispatch informed as much as she's trying to make help show up sooner.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I wonder if that's driven by the desire to get help on the scene due to lack of confidence that the person can handle the issue.

The way it comes across to me...and I could be wrong...isn't that she's trying to keep dispatch informed as much as she's trying to make help show up sooner.
    And that’s a very good possibility. The more times I watch this video the more it disturbs me.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

I would agree with that. Its more of a "help me" than a "this is information that needs to be relayed now"

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Two Bystanders Get Shot as Albuquerque Officers Fire at Suspect Armed With Knife
    So much wrong with this one. Beginning with the original stabbing charges. Ugh.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.

Too many cops shooting. Period. Amazing that today, we still have so many officers who feel a need to get in on a shooting.

Also an illustration of the fact that hard skills/marksmanship is more important than 'tactics' training. But its also harder, and requires work.

What the fuck?!?! Wow. Just, wow.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    What the fuck?!?! Wow. Just, wow.
    Reminds me of the old joke that the only thing worse than being skyjacked by Palestinians was being rescued by Egyptians. RE: EgyptAir Flight 648

It's gotten to the point where I dread looking at some of these videos.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List