Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Officers sized magazines

and though they don't say it, clearly an 8 round column will be heavier than a 7 round column which will also be heavier than a 6 round column.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I have a new Fusion .45 CCO on order.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Remember, the Officer size 1911 was designed around a 6 round mag. Those short slides move fast, and you have to have a mag that can keep up with the slide.
    But the CCO is a Commander on the top, I would not be so concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Good point. I overlooked that, and had the OP title in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Wilson has several FAQ pages, and one talks about mag/ammo choices. Remember, the Officer size 1911 was designed around a 6 round mag. Those short slides move fast, and you have to have a mag that can keep up with the slide. Too many rounds in the tube may be too much for the mag to keep up with the slide.

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/handgun-faqs/
    Thanks for the link - I’ve never seen the FAQ pages there before.

That’s kinda my thinking, I’ve never had magazine sensitivity issues with any of my Commanders.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

So to revive an old thread here’s a pic my newest CCO, it’s a Nighthawk in 45acp. Gun carries great in a 5 Shot SME.Name:  IMG_3719.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  94.6 KB
    Brave men defend themselves, braver men defend loved ones, Warriors defend strangers fools wait! The bravest man I know John 3:17!

And Wilson has some kinda cool options for the CCO, including the low profile metal baseplates, and the 8 round option with the extended low profile baseplate, like @theJanitor showed upthread.

And Wilson has some kinda cool options for the CCO, including the low profile metal baseplates, and the 8 round option with the extended low profile baseplate, like @theJanitor showed upthread.
    I’m thinking I’ll try Wilson first. Ideally a 7 round for in the gun and an 8 for the belt, and pick up multiples if they work well for me. I have a long history of good luck with Wilson magazines.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I had Dan Wesson build me a CCO in 9mm before they were a normal offering. Out of all the guns I’ve bought and sold, this is the one I really regret getting rid of.

I used Wilson ETMs in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    So to revive an old thread here’s a pic my newest CCO, it’s a Nighthawk in 45acp. Gun carries great in a 5 Shot SME.Name:  IMG_3719.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  94.6 KB
    Steel or aluminum frame?

Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    Steel or aluminum frame?
    It’s steel, I’ve always been more concerned with durability and longevity as the weight has never really bothered me.
    Cheers,
    Rick
    Brave men defend themselves, braver men defend loved ones, Warriors defend strangers fools wait! The bravest man I know John 3:17!

User Tag List