Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry gun confessions! What do you actually carry?

When I get up and go to the barn and kennels, I’m in “barn clothes” which means a set of Dickies coveralls or duck brown bibs. The LCR22lr normally rides with me in pocket or Kirkpatrick shoulder holster.

At work, it’s usually a G26 or G43 in my pocket. Yeah, it’s a brick in a DeSantis Superfly, but doesn’t look like a pistol and hides well under my orange apron. I work at a large home improvement store, where doers get more done, and long shots are a very big possibility in a statistical minute situation. So I shoot either pistol very well out to 40 yards, so it’s what I carry there. Dress is cargo shorts and tall t shirt. Covers my pockets well.

Away from work, I’m in cargo shirts and a t shirt or polo. The LCR22lr/LCR357 or G43 gets carried in a Superfly too. I’m going to start July 1st a self propelled training program to get me out to 25 yards with my snubbies again. Just going to take dedication and practice. Then I will probably just carry a snub from here on out. Might take my G26 to the big city, but have always relied on self awareness and checking one’s ego to keep me and mine safe over anything I can carry on my person. Plus, one of the Mals goes with me too.

Jerry
    Professionally Trained Service Dog. Not dogs with issues! LOL unless you are talking about my mutts.

Site Supporter
    G45 in a Phlster Pro fall-spring, G48 in a Phlster Skeleton in the summer. This week... G42 in the JM/Phlster Enigma since I just had a vasectomy

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    G45 in a Phlster Pro fall-spring, G48 in a Phlster Skeleton in the summer. This week... G42 in the JM/Phlster Enigma since I just had a vasectomy
    Pffft. G34 AIWB time!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Same as prior 30 months, P2000Sk.
    Participation does not equal Proficiency
    - Mike Pannone

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Pffft. G34 AIWB time!
    Funny enough I've been slowly downsizing my EDC. I carried a full size 92 or Glock with a TLR1 and a red dot AIWB for years. I was one of those annoying people who thought everyone could and should do that. Then I had a kid and ditched the WML. So much more comfortable, I could never go back. Then last summer I even went back to irons with a PX4CC. Then I had anothet kid and now I'm carrying a G48 with irons and no light and shooting as well as I ever have with a lot more comfort.

Chasing kids around all day taught me that my "perfect comfort and concealment" with a full size gun with a light and a dot was a lot more dependent on just sitting or standing around however I wanted than I thought.

The Enigma G42 won't be an every day thing but it came in clutch this week lol.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PTSDog View Post
    When I get up and go to the barn and kennels, I’m in “barn clothes” which means a set of Dickies coveralls or duck brown bibs. The LCR22lr normally rides with me in pocket or Kirkpatrick shoulder holster.

At work, it’s usually a G26 or G43 in my pocket. Yeah, it’s a brick in a DeSantis Superfly, but doesn’t look like a pistol and hides well under my orange apron. I work at a large home improvement store, where doers get more done, and long shots are a very big possibility in a statistical minute situation. So I shoot either pistol very well out to 40 yards, so it’s what I carry there. Dress is cargo shorts and tall t shirt. Covers my pockets well.

Away from work, I’m in cargo shirts and a t shirt or polo. The LCR22lr/LCR357 or G43 gets carried in a Superfly too. I’m going to start July 1st a self propelled training program to get me out to 25 yards with my snubbies again. Just going to take dedication and practice. Then I will probably just carry a snub from here on out. Might take my G26 to the big city, but have always relied on self awareness and checking one’s ego to keep me and mine safe over anything I can carry on my person. Plus, one of the Mals goes with me too.

Jerry
    G26/G42/442/60-9 are my standard carry guns these days. If I could carry at work, the G26 would be a solid choice b/c of the longer shot possibilities in our building, but discrete deep carry would probably take the highest priority over max shooting capability.

Depends - am I going into an area where classroom bubblegum rules[*] are in effect? In that case, an HK P30L with at least one, maybe two reloads, plus my usual daily carry (pocket knife, watch, cellphone, yadda yadda yadda).

If I'm going somewhere with a low likelyhood or I'm not going anywhere for long, a 1911 with a couple reloads. NBD.

[*] if you don't bring enough for everyone, you're going to be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Depends - am I going into an area where classroom bubblegum rules[*] are in effect? In that case, an HK P30L with at least one, maybe two reloads, plus my usual daily carry (pocket knife, watch, cellphone, yadda yadda yadda).

If I'm going somewhere with a low likelyhood or I'm not going anywhere for long, a 1911 with a couple reloads. NBD.

[*] if you don't bring enough for everyone, you're going to be in trouble
    This is very similar to my approach. P30SK with a reload is most common for the first, or my 9mm Officer’s or .45 ECP each with a reload for the other.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

No real change. 99% of the time it's a S&W 642 in an AHolster. Otherwise it would be either an EDC X9s or my retirement present to myself, a Colt CCO by Rogers Precision.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I've lately gravitated to a 1911 Springfield Champion 9mm and two reloads on/in the belt and a Taurus TCP .380 in the pocket.

The Springer gives me five more rounds and less weight that the Ruger Commander .45.
    Taurus .380 has been replaced with an airweight J-frame.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List