Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Voice Recorder for EDC

If you had one of these recorders, how could you carry it so that it would be unobtrusive and yet still record everything clearly? The Open Carry crowd are generally trying to be obtrusive to prove a point so this isn't an issue for them. I don't walk around like an officer w/ a microphone clipped to my shirt.

Says not avail in the US App Store.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    I know an acquaintance who created an app for the iPhone that continuously records in a 1 to 2 hour loop. Seems a lot easier and less bulky than buying a separate recorder.

There are tons of apps for this. Many will even send the data to the cloud to make it difficult for someone to make your recording to disapear

Here are a few that I found by googling "app voice recorder concealed carry" The first link on my list is for: Cop Recorder 2 which appears to have been written with the pistol community in mind.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....ale.coprecord

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....voicerecorder

http://www.freeconferencecalling.com/

If I was going to do this, I would probably go with the dedicated hardware. It would likely be a better qualiy recording and not interfrere with my other use of the phone. Also I would worry about battery life and cell plan usage if I used an app to record all sounds around me 24/7

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    I know an acquaintance who created an app for the iPhone that continuously records in a 1 to 2 hour loop. Seems a lot easier and less bulky than buying a separate recorder.
    For someone who truly wants constant recording, I think that's a decent b-plan, but has a lot of flaws as a primary solution.
    • The phone will no longer be able to enter deep sleep. In short bursts, no big deal. All day long though? Kiss your battery goodbye.
    • While recording audio, the phone can't be used in many other ways that we use our phones daily.
    • Unlike a dedicated recorder, you'll be handling your phone a lot throughout the day. I therefore see a higher chance of creating recordings in which 10 minutes are muffled, followed by 10 minutes of high volume, followed by 10 minutes of what sounds like wind blowing into the mic, etc.
    • Since you'll have to stop/start the app depending on other usage of the phone, you run a higher risk of accidentally leaving your recording turned off at the wrong time.

I've used my phone for voice recording here and there, usually with quite good results, but I wouldn't find it practical for all day use every day.

• It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

User Tag List