Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P30SK keeps dropping mags.. advice?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How difficult would it be to use a dremel to reduce the mag release size without breaking the release?
    I don't have pics but, there is room to take a little off of them. If someone really wanted to, they could even dremel off the entire side they don't use so it's single-sided. Not saying you should, just that it's easily done.

There's more meat on the rear portion of each lever. Depending on hand size, the rear portion could definitely benefit from some radius or relief cuts for anyone that has larger hands. I wear size XL gloves and find that particular area to irritate my gun hand middle finger. Because of how the rear portion of the levers flares out, I think I could see how that flare combined with too much movement of the gun in your hands might cause your gun hand middle finger to catch the rear edge of the release and depress it slightly under recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How difficult would it be to use a dremel to reduce the mag release size without breaking the release?

In case I needed to go that route, I bought a spare mag release and cut off one of the paddles (below). The plan is to swap it in if I need it. But 200 trouble-free rounds is reassuring. Once I hit 500, I'll consider the issue settled.

Name:  0.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  37.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Singh View Post
    The gun is mechanically fine. It has to be me. And frankly I'm too old to adopt a specific grip for just one gun when my normal grip works in all my other guns. Sorry HK, you're not that special.
    I'm a lover of most things HK, but even I had to send one along (P2000 LEM) after spending sufficient time trying to get the relationship to work. I'm not a LEM guy, and mag bite blisters were getting REALLY annoying. It's not you, it's me, we need to see other people.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    I don't have pics but, there is room to take a little off of them. If someone really wanted to, they could even dremel off the entire side they don't use so it's single-sided. Not saying you should, just that it's easily done.

There's more meat on the rear portion of each lever. Depending on hand size, the rear portion could definitely benefit from some radius or relief cuts for anyone that has larger hands. I wear size XL gloves and find that particular area to irritate my gun hand middle finger. Because of how the rear portion of the levers flares out, I think I could see how that flare combined with too much movement of the gun in your hands might cause your gun hand middle finger to catch the rear edge of the release and depress it slightly under recoil.

I would prefer the "nub" paddles from the USP/P2000 line. My first priority with a magazine release is protection against accidental activation, more so than fast magazine changes.

Update: 300 more rounds and no problems yet.

That makes for a total of 500 trouble-free rounds, so I'll consider the issue resolved.

200 more rounds today, so 700 total trouble-free rounds. Yay!

User Tag List