Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Or, since they, Glock, already have DLC applied to the trigger parts of the M series pistols, simply apply the same DLC to at least the trigger bar?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Or, since they, Glock, already have DLC applied to the trigger parts of the M series pistols, simply apply the same DLC to at least the trigger bar?
    Overwatch Precision sells some NP3 coated internals...

Passing along for interest…

I was in a Glock Operator Course yesterday, and the instructor was running a Performance Trigger. On a drill near the end of the class, his trigger failed to reset. Another staff member immediately said “Yeah, it needs lube,” and the instructor pulled the slide off and added lube, then proceeded with the drill. There was then some discussion between them about how the new triggers need lubricant every 3,000 rounds or so.

I personally find the gen 5 trigger good enough and have no desire to mess with them.

With that being said I think the GPT would make sense if using a Glock for a dedicated competition pistol. The non compatibility with the Gadget and the additional lube requirements kinda leaves me meh on the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    ...the additional lube requirements kinda leaves me meh on the thing.
    Just grabbing your comment but it's been echoed above already.
    On one hand, seeing the reputation Glocks have for basically requiring zero maintenance even if it isn't true, I understand people being dissatisfied that this new trigger requires periodic lubrication.
    But on the other hand... Only every 3,000 rounds!? Seriously, is that really asking too much? Do you not at least spit on the frame rail tabs every few thousand rounds just out of courtesy?

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    I personally find the gen 5 trigger good enough and have no desire to mess with them.

With that being said I think the GPT would make sense if using a Glock for a dedicated competition pistol. The non compatibility with the Gadget and the additional lube requirements kinda leaves me meh on the thing.
    A GEN five trigger with a dot connector probably is good enough. However, the question is, how does it compare to the performance trigger. This morning I had a 47 MOS slide that I was switching back-and-forth between the performance trigger and a Glock dot connector trigger. I could do a lot better work with the performance trigger, as to whether that matters, it is really a personal decision. I get it that Glocks don't require a lot of maintenance, but candidly if someone can't pull the slide and add several drops of oil every 500 or 1000 rounds, they may have been spoiled by the notion of treating a Glock like a inexpensive lawnmower.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I really wish they made this for the Gen 4 Glocks, as I still have a couple, and those triggers could use more improvement than the ones in the Gen 5s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Just grabbing your comment but it's been echoed above already.
    On one hand, seeing the reputation Glocks have for basically requiring zero maintenance even if it isn't true, I understand people being dissatisfied that this new trigger requires periodic lubrication.
    But on the other hand... Only every 3,000 rounds!? Seriously, is that really asking too much? Do you not at least spit on the frame rail tabs every few thousand rounds just out of courtesy?
    I figured my comment might generate a response like this.

For me personally the fact that it does not interact with the Gadget is the biggest thing that goes against it for a carry gun. Is it a big deal to add a couple of drops of lube, of course not. When I carry my Glocks they will quite often get grime/grit and junk inside the trigger mechanism when carried in a bag or outdoors camping and such. I have had one of my Gen 5 guns experience the gritty increased pull weight that some have experienced. So for me on a carry gun the little bit of performance that the GPT would provide is meh. My Glocks are not abused or anything but they are the guns that I use for when going into “dirty environments”.

Another thing is we don’t know how often. The above story of the instructor who experience the trigger not resetting prob knows and takes care of his guns, he probably just was not aware of the new requirements. The advice from Glock is every 3 months for a carry gun if not used frequently. To me it just seems like it fits the role of a competition gun. That’s all

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A GEN five trigger with a dot connector probably is good enough. However, the question is, how does it compare to the performance trigger. This morning I had a 47 MOS slide that I was switching back-and-forth between the performance trigger and a Glock dot connector trigger. I could do a lot better work with the performance trigger, as to whether that matters, it is really a personal decision. I get it that Glocks don't require a lot of maintenance, but candidly if someone can't pull the slide and add several drops of oil every 500 or 1000 rounds, they may have been spoiled by the notion of treating a Glock like a inexpensive lawnmower.

I get it, this is why I mentioned that for me it would make sense on a range/competition Glock.

Not referring to anyone in this thread, but one of my buddies who is a Glock guy had a super hard on about it and I cannot help but feel that since it is Glock and new that people are really enthusiastic about it.
    Last edited by EVP; 04-20-2023 at 04:02 PM.

Site Supporter
    Mines on the way from the Glock Store.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Mines on the way from the Glock Store.
    I got the email today too. Had to update my credit card, which hopefully didn't delay shipment by too much.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

User Tag List