Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Platypus 2011 that takes Glock mags now out in the wild

The fact that they have a preset perry the platypus version is just awesome. Playing with the customizer 1600 with an optic cut and threaded barrel and a few other things is kinda cool. I’d like one of these to make there way into some more prominent youtubers hands I think Hilton yam from 10-8 performance would be pretty cool reviewer for this gun.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

And thus, playing the CZ Configurator and debating if I wanna go with a bootleg DWX S2 has now been directed to "PERRY THE PLATYPUS 1911!"

Did Glock ever crack the code on making their 10 round double stack mags reliable? Just trying to help some folks do some "just in case" planning and thinking ahead...
    Bad ideas, brilliant execution

My Lord, whatever I done, don't strike me blind for another couple of minutes!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    If these things work and the company otherwise plays their cards right, they have the opportunity to blow right past the Prodigy and start taking real market share from Staccato.

Staccato - “Hey Glock guy, look at this awesome hi cap 1911ish wonderblaster. Just give us $3000 and then go buy all new holsters, mag carriers, and $50 mags (and we promise they even work now!).”

Stealth - “So this is the same thing at $1400 but you only need a holster. Unless you just want to buy more $20 Glock mags because reasons, which is also cool.”
    This is the same thing as a Staccato like McDonald’s is the same thing as a steakhouse.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgivro View Post
    This is the same thing as a Staccato like McDonald’s is the same thing as a steakhouse.
    If you've had a chance to handle a Platypus, please let us know the specifics underlying your general opinion.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

We're still waiting for a proper review from some of the more established guys.

But I was able to find some more random data points.

https://www.reddit.com/r/2011/commen..._landed_today/

"Way higher build quality than i was expecting. Frame/slide fit is impeccable, well blended and no slide rock.. Trigger is excellent , short reset. The only things i could even think about complaining about is the trigger and the mags. The trigger return did feel just a tad under-sprung, but I’ll see how it shoots before worrying about that. And with the magwell and the included 17rnd glock mags, they just don’t jive great, which I was expecting. It’ll be fine with the 19 and 21 rounders I’ll use in it.

Its not interference, its just that the base plate is just barely flush with the magwell. Like I said, it works, but I’ll be running strictly 19x and the 21/27rnd magpuls in mine. I’ll use the 17’s it came with in my g17.

Got home late so I only got 100rds through it, but it was flawless. Money well spent."

https://www.reddit.com/r/stealtharms...dered_on_3723/

"Fit and finish are great. No complaints. Will take her to the range this weekend and see how she performs.

Definitely lighter than my Prodigy 4.25.

I didn’t ask for a specific weight (and it wasn’t an option on the builder at the time) so it is what is standard I suppose. [Trigger] Came in a hair over 3.5 pounds which I’m very happy with."

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/...e=3#i103507484

"I just held one.
    Stealth grey, full length rail, commander slide, flat trigger.
    I did not disassemble it.

It felt REALLY good in the hand.
    Fit and finish were excellent.
    Trigger was crisp and light.
    It did not feel bulky or huge in the hand.

I could seriously consider getting one."

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    You take a beaver, put a duckbill on it… it’s a mammal, but it lays eggs. One of my favorite Robin Williams bits.
    Thanks for the tip, that is a wonderful bit.

These are built very nearby to me.
    Also, they are on the exhibitors list for the NRA event in Indy next week.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mcgivro View Post
    So I guess the temporary ban did nothing to make you less Eeyore.

Back on the ignore list you go!

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    So I guess the temporary ban did nothing to make you less Eeyore.

Back on the ignore list you go!
    We ever get the disclosure as to what industry he professionals for? Or is it one of those Steven Seagull things?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List